Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Is Atripla affecting my mood?

(1/3) > >>

TabooPrincess:
Been on atripla around 5 months and all good going - no real side-effects other than the messed up sleep.  But I just feel wrong in myself, like I'm on the wrong path/track in life and a general feeling of miserableness and underlying panic/anxiety which I'm in control of at the moment.  I'm not depressed, nowhere near but I just feel wrong.

Is this likely to be atripla or just life in general?  I've always been a fairly content happy-go-lucky person but I seem to be so highly strung lately and can't see anything good in the future, just the same old weariness.  Nothing has changed in my life only taking atripla so I don't know....

I'm not sure if I should request a change or not since everything else about atripla suits me fine.  Any ideas?!

jkinatl2:
That sounds almost exactly like me on Sustiva. Took months for the CNS effects to fully kick in. I ended up suicidal, which is entirely not me. I would take these changes in mood  seriously.

TabooPrincess:
I didn't know if it might because it's winter, or I've put on weight, or I'm just pissed off with my job (which incidentally has been suffering lately), or I might want to move house, or move city, or change partners, or it's just natural with age, or I want another baby/don't want a another baby, or I'm exhausted....the list is endless and I'm tired of it all lol  just want to be content with my lot again.

And yeh - it is getting worse as the weeks go by. 

PozBrian:
I was in the same place after about 2 years on Atripla. I was also very quick to get angry which is not normal for me. My DR and I discussed several times switching off Atripla but I didn't think (wrongly) that it was affecting me. After all how could I be depressed if I could still laugh at jokes! I didn't really want to give up the one-a-day pill.

About a year ago, I switched to Issentress and Truvada. A week after the switch I caught myself walking down the street with a spring in my step and whistling! Feeling much better, laugh easier, and some stool issues I was having cleared up. Though that took a little longer. I didn't realize the cloud I was under until it was gone. Now I wish I had made the switch sooner.

Three pills a day vice one is a little more challenging to manage sometimes, specially with my work schedule, but it isn't that big a deal.

mecch:
By all means change your combo.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version