Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Aging may beat the alternative, but it still sucks.......

(1/6) > >>

bocker3:
OK -- so maybe age had nothing to do with it.  Was walking, backwards, down our steps when I missed the last two.  Went stumbling into the living room -- when I landed, it was all on my right big toe.  I may have just lost over 17 lbs, but that is still alot of weight on one single toe.  It bent as I landed and tore the skin where the nail meets the toe.  Blood gushed (and I mean GUSHED) out -- I was so worried about bleeding on the carpet, that I jumped into the kitchen (not the smartest move ever).  Slid a bit and whacked the toe again. 
So........................  broken toe!  The doc said I needed to go to an ortho because the open wound complicates things.  If I get an infection, it could get into the fracture....  blah, blah, blah.  Well, I no longer need to worry about how I'm going to spend the rest of the money in Flexible Spending Acct by end of year.
On hydro-codone for the pain and antibiotics to avoid infection.
Thankfully I got most of Christmas shopping done this weekend.

Mike

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on November 25, 2012, 10:09:39 PM ---.  Was walking, backwards, down our steps

--- End quote ---

uh... why?

Sweetums, you are not a 16yo ballerina anymore, so please cut the shenanigans out.

I'm really sorry about your toe, that's got to hurt like the dickens, I scream bloody hell whenever I stub my toes. Get well soon.

-W

bocker3:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on November 25, 2012, 10:15:24 PM ---uh... why?

Sweetums, you are not a 16yo ballerina anymore, so please cut the shenanigans out.

--- End quote ---

Well, we have a split level house and I walked up 3 steps (half way -ish) to toss something up toward the bedroom.  Instead of turning around, I just stepped down the 1 step I thought I had climbed -- unfortunately there were 2 more.
Truth be told, I was being piss-y at Sid -- he left his shoes in the middle of the floor (again....) and I was flinging them upstairs to him, while being not too nice about it.  Guess karma bit my ass............  Although, in my defense, I hadn't had my coffee yet -- I can be a bit grumpy until I do.

Good thing I read that ballerina crack before bed and not in the morning -- before coffee.   ;)

M

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on November 25, 2012, 10:22:32 PM ---
 piss-y at Sid -- he left his shoes in the middle of the floor (again....) and I was flinging them upstairs to him, while being not too nice about it. 

--- End quote ---

Then you broke your toe. I guess you showed him!!

wolfter:
You sure are breaking a lot of bones lately.  Sorry to hear of it yet again.  I'd have told Sid I tripped on his shoes and played it for all it's worth. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version