Main Forums > Living With HIV

Death

<< < (2/12) > >>

wolfter:
Sorry you had to needlessly witness this yet again.  I'm not sure what's worse; watching those die early on who wanted to live and didn't have ability, or those who have the ability and choose not to.

I'm hope this story touches those struggling with the whole "pills for the rest of my life" hurdle.

Wolfie

Jeff G:
I do feel that for some people its not a matter of not wanting to find the skills that may help them survive , its a matter of they cant .

Ive seen it with addiction too . Its a sad fact of life that sometime people don't survive the things life challenges us with .

I'm sad to read this thread but I'm happy its being discussed .   

mecch:
That is a sad story. Obviously there was a masochistic side to his mental illness.  Assuming people who stop taking their meds, and start getting sick, are not deluded that some miracle cure is around the corner, then they know they are dying.

A fast suicide has criminal, moral and financial downsides, sometimes so important that suicide is not a option.  Maybe someone needs the insurance money, that suicide would nullify, or something like that.

These are very complex situations because one thinks, obviously there should be heavy pressure to treat the mental illness because the mentally unfit person is putting themselves through extended suffering, and burdening everyone, and is effectively committing a long, but legal, "suicide".

Life is mysterious sometimes.

dale gribble:
my sympathies but gotten on here and seen

I was marked as being gay , which i'm not
5 kids and a loving wife I stopped taking the meds I want to beat it. 4 months and still going strong

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: dale gribble on November 25, 2012, 10:33:19 AM ---my sympathies but gotten on here and seen

I was marked as being gay , which i'm not
5 kids and a loving wife I stopped taking the meds I want to beat it. 4 months and still going strong

--- End quote ---

Hi Dale ... Can you please elaborate on what you posted here , I'm not sure what you mean by it .

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version