HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

oral sex with an hiv poz guy

(1/1)

depressed:
hi, i read all the info on oral sex but am still worried. i gave oral sex about three weeks ago to an hiv positive man. i found out later he was poz. although he didn't cum in my mouth there was deep penetration where he would force my head down on him. a few days later my throat was sore and my neck muscles were extremely sore. there were white spots on the back of my throat and i would get chills and later night sweats. i also had a dry cough. the sore throat made me not want to eat so i lost alot of weight. i did do an hiv rapid test and it was neg-but i know it was too early. i was traveling for work at the time so when i got home i went to the doctor and she said it was just a viral thing. i ordered another test online and plan to take next week. i guess i want your thoughts on my possibility of infection whether i should test again. or if i can get on some preemtive meds . i heard of people doing this when they are worried about infection. i learned from the guy that his viral count was really low and since have'nt heard from him. i am worried and don't know what to do.
please help
depressed

RapidRod:
Giving head is as low as you can get on the risk chart. Your symptoms are meaningless, they came on to quick to be related to ARS. If your symptoms persists see your doctor.

Ann:
depressed,

While the chances of you becoming infected with hiv through this are tiny to non-existant, you might want to investigate other possible causes of your sore throat, like gonorrhea. Yes, it is much easier to get some of the other sexually transmitted infections in your throat. The only way to know is by having an STI swab of your throat.

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL STIs together. To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with a sexually transmitted infection.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

Anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results. Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version