Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Research News & Studies

san antonio researches single dose hiv vaccine.could be out in public.

<< < (2/2)

Jmarksto:

--- Quote from: Dr.Strangelove on November 22, 2012, 12:06:32 PM ---It's a bit early to say how promising this lead is.

--- End quote ---

Yes, I thought they would provide a little more on the background of the research to date that led to the patent application -- although that may be the difference between a research organization with public funding and a private company trying to hype investors.  At any rate, they are likely a year or two away from starting any kind of clinical trial, and then five years (at least) from commercialization (IF all goes well).

--- Quote from: Dr.Strangelove on November 22, 2012, 12:06:32 PM ---What's great is that this vaccine follows a completely new approach. ...

Anyway, if it works it could be combined with an antibody-based vaccine to increase the overall efficiency.

--- End quote ---

Agreed - the fact that there is a new approach, and the opportunity to leverage, learn from, and otherwise build on this approach (while recognizing the long time frames) is encouraging.

Fellow Curista, JM

Miss Philicia:
San Antonio = LOL

Dr.Strangelove:
What's wrong with San Antonio?
I've been there last year and liked it there a lot.

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: Dr.Strangelove on November 23, 2012, 12:09:29 PM ---What's wrong with San Antonio?
I've been there last year and liked it there a lot.

--- End quote ---

The tacos are fake.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Dr.Strangelove on November 23, 2012, 12:09:29 PM ---What's wrong with San Antonio?

--- End quote ---

She's just jealous that San Antonio is working diligently towards a vaccine, meanwhile the best thing Philly does is have a dogshow   ::)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version