Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Thanksgiving Plans Where you going, what you eating?

(1/11) > >>

WillyWump:
What's everyone doing for thanksgiving? And more importantly what are you eating  ;)

I'm going to my Aunt's. I've gone every year since I was 15. The menu is always the same, Turkey, Cornbread dressing, Consomme Carrots, Cauliflower, Canned Cranberry sauce, a bowl of black and green olives, stuffed celery, Deviled Eggs, Dinner rolls, and for dessert we have homemade Apple, Pumpkin and Cherry pies.

This will be the first thanksgiving without my dear mom  :'( And we are going to miss her homemade rolls. and her sassiness at the table. :(

So what is everyone else doing??

Miss Philicia:
Miss P is packing her bags as we speak, and departing at noon tomorrow for the greener pastures of Virginia for an entire week. As far as food goes, I will be making a gruyère mac & cheese and either sauteed rapini in garlic or kale with pancetta. My mother will make the rest.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: Miss Philicia on November 19, 2012, 08:31:27 PM ---Miss P is packing her bags as we speak, and departing at noon tomorrow for the greener pastures of Virginia for an entire week. As far as food goes, I will be making a gruyère mac & cheese and either sauteed rapini in garlic or kale with pancetta. My mother will make the rest.

--- End quote ---

Do yall even have a Turkey or do yall do Escargot?

Miss Philicia:

--- Quote from: WillyWump on November 19, 2012, 08:50:47 PM ---Do yall even have a Turkey or do yall do Escargot?

--- End quote ---

Child please. Of course we roast a turkey. And have stuffing and cranberry relish.

And at Christmas we have a salt-cured Virginia ham.

phildinftlaudy:
Since my mother is heading up North to spend Thanksgiving w/ my younger brother in Illinois, and I have entirely too much school work to do to travel far.... I will be enjoying Thanksgiving at:

http://flanigans.net/

Flanigans... They have a multi-course Thanksgiving dinner going on and plenty of Coronas... and they are only about 2 miles from my place - and close enough to also take a ride to the beach.  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version