Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

Drug testing for welfare recipients

<< < (5/5)

buginme2:
The 5 nanogram level is based on active THC which usually dissipates within hours of use.  Another marijuana compund, carboxy-THC - stored in fat cells for 30 days or more (which is what employers test for in "drug tests") is not counted as a basis for impairment for DUI in Washington.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on November 20, 2012, 12:30:01 AM ---The 5 nanogram level is based on active THC which usually dissipates within hours of use.  Another marijuana compund, carboxy-THC - stored in fat cells for 30 days or more (which is what employers test for in "drug tests") is not counted as a basis for impairment for DUI in Washington.

--- End quote ---

Good to know, yet even still such an amount seems arguably arbitrary considering age, weight, body mass/fat, and gender differences.

But I think any step towards a determining factor would make legalization more feasible, and the abuse of it enforceable.

BT65:
I just heard the other day, that in 1980 there was a little over 2000 people in prison for drug related charges.  Now, there are over 90,000.  What a waste of money, and labeling people for the rest of their lives.

Someone not being eligible for food stamps who have a drug felony, is not just a Georgia thing.  In Indiana they can't get them either.  It may be a federal law, not sure.  But the thing that really pisses me off is, a person with a drug felony cannot get a pell grant to go to college.  That's what gets me.  It's like the higher-ups want people to change their lives, but if they try by wanting to get a degree, they cannot get that pell grant.  That's a federal law.  Horrible.

tednlou2:
Most of the people in jail and prison are there for drugs.  We have a system that sets them up for failure, when they get out.  They will have a very hard time getting a job, due to having a record and having a work gap.  Then, they can't get food stamps or help with school.  Many landlords do background checks.  So, many end up back in trouble. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version