Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

DVD drive

<< < (2/3) > >>

wolfter:
How sweet is this, I was checking on replacement drives on Staples.com and when I came here, the ads are from Staples.  Love being tracked.

Anyways, I still can't play DVD movies.  I can play music CDs and videos that I've taken.  Don't understand but am tired of dealing with it.  I don't watch movies anyways so I guess I'll let it drop.  I just hate having something that is functioning correctly.

I've got all my setting set to prompt me for what action to take.  DVD's are the only ones that I don't get the prompt and when I explore my D drive, it doesn't even show there's a disc in there.

WillyWump:

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 14, 2012, 06:44:02 PM ---How sweet is this, I was checking on replacement drives on Staples.com and when I came here, the ads are from Staples.  Love being tracked.

--- End quote ---

want some milk with those cookies

leatherman:
in "my computer" does it show your drive as a CD drive or a DVD drive?

it sounds like perhaps when you replaced the hard drive, the new install of windows did not see your drive as a DVD and you probably don't have the proper drivers installed to run it as a DVD player (it defaulted to a CD drive). If it only shows as a CD, then you'll need to:

shut off windows, remove the dvd drive,
restart windows, shut it down again,
then re-install the DVD player, restart windows

and hope it reads the player properly this time and installs the drivers. ;)

tednlou2:
If you take it in some place to be fixed, make sure you delete anything you don't want them to see.  Don't do what I did.  My computer crashed and I did a reinstall.  I thought I backed up all the old files.  However, I could not recover all my pics.  After the computer was working again and before taking it in, I had saved some naughty pix.  I deleted them, before taking my laptop in.  However, I forgot about the trash bin. 

Off I went to try and recover my photos of the family and vacations.  When the guy searched for all pix, it pulled up all those filthy pix I thought I got rid of.  It pulled one up full screen.  He laughed and said this happens all the time.  Then, he offered to make a house visit for free to fix my hard drive.     

Miss Philicia:
Years ago in the mid-90's I took a VCR in for repairs because a tape got stuck in it. The title was Horse Hung Hispanics Vol. 4.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version