POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 19, 2014, 03:27:11 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 620331
  • Total Topics: 46738
  • Online Today: 209
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 3
Guests: 175
Total: 178

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 11/10/2012  (Read 745 times)

Offline wolfter

11/10/2012
« on: November 10, 2012, 11:43:25 PM »
Just enough of a title to get people communicating this evening.   ;D  There has to be others who don't presently have a life and are sitting home bored to death on a Saturday night.

Me, I've worked all evening on a cleaning my foot.  The GLORY AND FUN OF IT ALL!
I also measured my messed up leg's calf size.  I know, but I'm bored.  I've not had a calf measure 10" around since the early days.  It again looks like my AIDsy leg just needing lotion big time.   :D

Hope everyone is having a great evening.

Wolfie
Judging someone does not define them, it defines you. 

True peace is not merely the absence of war, it is the presence of justice.

Offline tednlou2

Re: 11/10/2012
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2012, 12:07:08 AM »
I guess I'm kinda pitiful, too.  It isn't even midnight and Brian, the better half, is already in bed.  Years ago, we would just be getting started out at the clubs.  Watching last night's Real Time, while on this site. 

Today, it was in the 70's and sunny.  We did some painting.  We always start projects, but never totally finish them.  We began repainting the basement TV room over the summer, but didn't finish all the detail work. 

We were debating having a yard sale tomorrow.  We can't get into our garage, due to all the old stuff.  However, we hadn't put a sign out on the main street to advertise.  And, I don't know how much to price items.  And, many like yard sales in Spring.  We have a 2005, 57" Hitachi rear-projection HDTV.  When I've looked online, many sites say to price electronics 1/3 of the original price.  Well, that would be like $500.  No one is going to pay that much for this behemoth.  It still works, but the picture is obviously not as brilliant as newer sets.  I was thinking $200.  I mean, the parts have to be worth that.  We know someone who just paid $300 to have their same TV fixed.  I thought that was stupid. 

So, how much would you all say is way too much for that TV?  I hate to just give it away, but I know many can get LED, flat panels of the same size for $700.  And, many aren't going to want such a huge TV.  I think EBay or Craigslist may be a better bet for something like this.  But, I don't like the idea of having internet folks coming to our house.  Well, except for Manhunt or Grindr.     

Offline Jody

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2012, 12:08:36 AM »
Good to see you are recovering Greg, get that foot better soon little buddy.

Jody
"Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world".
 "Try to discover that you are the song that the morning brings."

Grateful Dead

Offline Miss Philicia

• celebrity poster, faker & poser
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2012, 12:19:13 AM »

Me, I've worked all evening on a cleaning my foot.  The GLORY AND FUN OF IT ALL!

I thought we'd agreed yesterday that you needed to stop picking at the scaps and scrubbing down there. It's going to become infected.

As far as what I'm doing tonight... well, after copious masturbating I've snorted five lines of ground klonopin and am watching my cherished box set of Doomsday Preppers and lamenting another term for Barry Soetoro.

I also ate left-over pork chops and rice for dinner so I plan on dying in my sleep, going by some recent posts on this fair forum.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 12:22:58 AM by Miss Philicia »
"Iíve slept with enough men to know that Iím not gay"

Offline wolfter

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2012, 12:21:52 AM »

We have a 2005, 57" Hitachi rear-projection HDTV.  When I've looked online, many sites say to price electronics 1/3 of the original price.  Well, that would be like $500.  No one is going to pay that much for this behemoth.  It still works, but the picture is obviously not as brilliant as newer sets.  I was thinking $200.  I mean, the parts have to be worth that.  We know someone who just paid $300 to have their same TV fixed.  I thought that was stupid. 

I'll bet you end up sitting it on the curb and hoping someone hauls it away. ;D  I had a beautiful solid cherry entertainment center that I converted to a computer desk because of how obsolete 5 year old electronics are.  Craigslist might net you a few bucks though.  The chances of someone stopping at the yardsale wanting something like that is very slim.

Offline wolfter

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2012, 12:25:26 AM »
I thought we'd agreed yesterday that you needed to stop picking at the scaps and scrubbing down there. It's going to become infected.

As far as what I'm doing tonight... well, after copious masturbating I've snorted five lines of ground klonopin and am watching my cherished box set of Doomsday Preppers and lamenting another term for Barry Soetoro.

I agreed I wouldn't soak it.  I'm using tweezers and a scrubby.  When you've not been unable to clean your toenails for this long, it must be done at all costs. ;D

Copious maturbating?  As Kelly Bundy says; "you're even really good at it or really bad at it".

Offline tednlou2

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2012, 12:51:42 AM »
Btw, today I was smelling burnt toast.  I asked who was making toast.  No one.  So, I spent the next few hours thinking I was going to have a stroke or seizure.

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.