Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

AMG 2013 -CHICAGO, ILLINOIS - DATE PREFERENCES THREAD

<< < (2/16) > >>

RAB:
Late July or early August.

September is problematic in that anyone going to school, working for a school, or have kids in school will likely not be able to attend.

So again late July or early August.

RAB   :)

Basquo:

--- Quote from: RAB on November 04, 2012, 02:59:30 PM ---
September is problematic in that anyone going to school, working for a school, or have kids in school will likely not be able to attend.

--- End quote ---

REALLY?! I had no idea. And here I am just offering my preference as requested. Might as well not even vote Tuesday as I live in a red state and my minority voice doesn't count.

wolfter:

--- Quote from: Basquo on November 04, 2012, 09:08:48 PM ---REALLY?! I had no idea. And here I am just offering my preference as requested. Might as well not even vote Tuesday as I live in a red state and my minority voice doesn't count.

--- End quote ---

I don't think there was anything meant by his comment except to remind everyone that we've had the discussion in previous years about September affecting many peoples' schedules.

Now go put up your Christmas lights. ;D

weasel:

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 04, 2012, 09:50:09 AM ---I'm happy with whatever accommodates the largest number of people.  Since I can take time off whenever I need it, I'll follow those who have stricter schedules.

Wolfie

--- End quote ---

I agree with  Wolfie 

:) I will come whenever  :)

Weasel 

Basquo:

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 04, 2012, 10:43:25 PM ---I don't think there was anything meant by his comment except to remind everyone that we've had the discussion in previous years about September affecting many peoples' schedules.

--- End quote ---

Yes, weíve had the discussion. Again and again. I was expecting that argument and had my rebuttal ready. Iím sorry that RAB was the one to bring it up and out.  Itís hard not to take it personally when someone quotes you, right RAB hunny? I apologize to you, but to no one else at this time.

Of course I have personal reasons for wanting AMG to be in September. I prefer (and prefer is the operative word) a different climate for my vacation, and Texas is still pretty hot in September. Chicago in September is more likely to be ďFall-likeĒ than Chicago in August. Itís also easier for me to rack up a little debt when I can justify it as ďmy little birthday to myself.Ē Itís also hard for me to leave my yard and garden without water for a week during the hottest, driest part of the year.

Of course itís easier for many people to take their vacation in July and August. I get that. Itís been used as an ultimatum by advocates who can be inflexible. The flip side of that is many people demand to get their vacations in July and August, including the staff at Santiís work. Remember how Santi only got to come for 3 days this year? How he had to leave on Sunday? Thatís because he just couldnít get the time off in July or August. They suggested he take a week off in (you guessed it) September.

We've also had the discussion that travel prices are lower after Labor Day. Remember that? It's cheaper.

But besides all that, what no one seems to remember is that the one year we did have it in September (San Francisco) it was the most-attended AMG to date. So don't make the argument that "many people" are affected and attendance will be low; let them speak up for themselves and voice their preference. And let the coolest month win.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version