Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Nutrition & HIV

Vit C 1000MG

(1/2) > >>

MiniPozToyota:
Just curious about taking more Vit C along with my Atripla and Centrum Vit. My centrum has only 60MG of Vit C in it so I was going to take extra. Any thoughts on taking more Vit C from more exp. people on this forum? Thanks

keat85:
Vitamin C is very necessary to remain healty as it is enhance the power of the immunes power of the body and prevent from the diseases. It also good for the skin.

RomanGladiator:
I chew one up almost every day, I read Betty White did in her book and so why not me? BTW... my first posting!!!! :)

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: RomanGladiator on July 26, 2013, 10:45:31 PM ---I chew one up almost every day, I read Betty White did in her book and so why not me? BTW... my first posting!!!! :)

--- End quote ---

Hey welcome to the forums, Roman!

leatherman:
The US Recommended Dietary Allowance for an adult male is 90 mg per day and for an adult female is 75 mg per day

--- Quote from: keat85 on December 05, 2012, 02:29:55 PM ---Vitamin C is very necessary to remain healthy as it is enhance the power of the immunes power of the body and prevent from the diseases. It also good for the skin.

--- End quote ---
Vitamin C is found in high concentrations in immune cells, and is consumed quickly during infections; however there's been no proven evidence that Vitamin C "enhances the immune system", "prevents disease" or is "good for skin". However vitamin c does prevent scurvy. ;)

Please don't misunderstand me. I am not saying that Vitamin C isn't helpful. While it's properties have benefits as anti- and pro- oxidants and antihistamine, many claims about it just have never been proven by studies. the wiki article at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vitamin_C has some pretty good explanations of the beneficial properties of vitamin c while debunking the myths of it being some type of nearly "miracle" drug.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version