Main Forums > Living With HIV

Meds - stolen on holiday! A story for you all...

<< < (7/7)

pozinHI:
we all (not every single person ofcourse) got into this situation by taking chances. I for one take no chances when it comes to meds......

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: pozinHI on November 11, 2012, 09:05:20 AM ---we all (not every single person ofcourse) got into this situation by taking chances. I for one take no chances when it comes to meds......

--- End quote ---

Absolutely your choice and your call.

newt:

--- Quote ---A new study has shown that short treatment interruptions of antiretroviral (ARV) regimens are both safe and well-tolerated among people with HIV. This is good news for scientists pursuing functional cures because they can use such windows to study novel agents that would suppress the virus without an ARV regimen. University of Minnesota researchers presented their findings as a poster abstract at the IDWeek 2012 meeting in San Diego. They studied 14 HIV-positive people with a CD4 count above 350 and an undetectable viral load, all of whom were on stable ARV regimens. After stopping the subjects’ HIV medications, the researchers carefully monitored their CD4 counts and viral loads until HIV RNA was detectable in the blood... etc
--- End quote ---

The conclusion in the original paper's abstract is "Brief interruption of cART in patients with preserved CD4 count and virologic suppression is safe for the evaluation of novel therapies to test for cure of HIV. "

It's far too small a study to tell you anything new and useful about treatment in real life. To my mind, it's wrong to even take it as saying something about real life treatment.

- matt

Perfect_Storm:
Ugh madrid is notorious for pickpocketers. Gotta be careful

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version