Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Questions regarding ART. About to start soon.

<< < (2/3) > >>

leatherman:

--- Quote from: gaynpositive on November 04, 2012, 10:43:08 AM ---Thank God i do not have to inject insulin three times a day!!  :) you have been very helpful.

--- End quote ---
no problem! That's what this site is for - easy answers from people going through the same stuff and some support to get through it all.

After I mentioned the insulin injections, I was contacted by someone that does have to take the injections. As I explained to him, I meant no disrespect. Often just it's easier to deal with one of our own problems when we can put it into some perspective.

I use to take 8 tablespoons of liquid medicine and 20 pills scattered throughout the day back in 1995 or so. Comparing that to the 4 pills I take today makes this current regimen waaaay easier to take and deal with. ;) Thinking back to some regimens that made me literally throw up every single day to my current regimen that has me throwing up only 4 times a month makes me see this current regimen as the best solution ever! LOL (I have 2 life mottos, and one is "Any day I'm not in the hospital, even if it's a day I'm hanging over the toilet puking, is a GREAT day!" :D )

I can only imagine from seeing several of my friends how much of a pain in the butt it must be to prick yourself, test your blood, and give yourself an insulin injection 3 times a days. Not to mention having to always be on guard about when and what you are eating.  Compared to THAT, not eating fatty foods when taking one atripla every evening just can't be all that bad - especially when the end result is that it controls HIV down to an undetectable level ;) so that you can go on enjoying life and living it to the fullest.

now I just have to find a comparison that beats HIV meds daily AND insulin injections ::), so I can give my new friend some support too.  ;)

wolfter:

--- Quote from: leatherman on November 04, 2012, 12:04:56 PM ---Thinking back to some regimens that made me literally throw up every single day

--- End quote ---

I try not to lose patience with the newbies as that was our reality.  My bestie, the other Greg and numerous other close friends chose to stop their meds because they felt death would be easier than the horrid existence those life saving drugs caused.

Comparing the early drugs to todays relatively easy ones gets tiresome.  And the analogy about injecting insulin is perfectly valid.  You were just making a point that others face more challenges with their meds than we do with ours.  I think that person is just a little too sensitive.

I guess I'll never understand what it feels like to have to finally start taking drugs to combat this illness as I was so grateful that any drug became available, even if they sucked.

Wolfie

gaynpositive:
hey leatherman,

i agree with Wolfter, that you are just providing an analogy to help newbies like me gain some perspective on the whole med thing! seriously, i cant even EVER imagine ...EVER..about taking 20 pills a day and constantly puking the whole day with that regimen..and yes, thank you so much, coz that also gives me a perspective ..that hell what!! taking just one atripla a day cant be that bad, can it?..sure, i can avoid fatty foods in the night, no big deal !

That being said, i want to again thank you for your posts to this query of mine, and i sincerely hope that you can help this new friend of yours too who takes insulin injections :)

GnP

gaynpositive:

--- Quote from: leatherman on November 04, 2012, 12:04:56 PM ---(I have 2 life mottos, and one is "Any day I'm not in the hospital, even if it's a day I'm hanging over the toilet puking, is a GREAT day!" :D )

--- End quote ---

btw, i would want to know whats the other motto! :D

leatherman:
"anything  - except for death - can be fixed, or at least made better; but it takes hard work and patience."

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version