Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Recently diagnosed, VL of 47 then 43, elite controller?

<< < (8/10) > >>

madbrain:

--- Quote from: Souledout on November 10, 2012, 04:11:41 AM ---It doesn't really matter how it happened I know, and it definitely doesn't matter what other people want to believe. Having always used condoms and practised safe sex I was more than a little shocked when I was told I tested positive (passing out and almost being sick shocked). I've had on going, persistent gum problems in the last few years which have left me with what is pretty much an open wound inside my mouth. Makes sense to me that's how I've caught it. But if others want to assume I'm deluding myself and have been engaged in risky sex but don't want to admit it then that's up to them. Or like I said, safe sex can involve a console break that's gone unnoticed. If it happened in the last 3/4 months like the doctor believes then it is DEFINITELY how I caught it, in they time I've been with 2 guys - one my (negative) current boyfriend and one guy I gave some serious head to (status unknown).

--- End quote ---

Again, just stunning the similarities . I used to brush my teeth as part of my cleanup routine before hooking up, and that often caused my gums to bleed a little bit. That's why oral is my best guess about how HIV transmission happened for me.

Nobody on this forum is going to believe you or me about the transmission route. And ultimately, it doesn't matter. You have the virus in you now, it's not going away, and you have to deal with it, just like all of us. Whether you got it through sex, drugs, blood transfusion is just irrelevant.

As far as disclosing to others, I would disclose to any sex partners from the previous six months period before your test, either anonymously through health services or on your own. You are not legally obligated but it's certainly good to remind them that they need to get tested, which they should do at least once a year anyway.

anmlvrnyc:
Souledout,
I am very similar to your case. I was diagnosed in March 2011. My CD4 has been fluctuating from 450 to 700. My VL has been fluctuating from 65 to 200. I'm not on meds. My last negative test was September 2009.
Fortunately I live in NYC and I have one of the best doctors in the city. CD4 and VL are important but my doctor also pays serious attention to my CD4 % and CD8 level among other things.
My CD4 % has been fluctuating from 40% to 30%. 30% is considered as getting too low.
My CD8 has always been close to 800. 800 is considered as getting too high.
CD8 level goes higher when your body is fighting back the virus too hard. Which means your immune system is always fighting and my body gets tired. As I get older my body won't be able to keep it up. But that's for everyone.
I am not ready to make a life time commitment to the meds yet. But if my numbers get worse, I will have to make a decision.
I have met a few guys who stayed off meds for 6 to 10 years. They each had their own reason as to why they started taking medication. Numbers changed or just for peace of mind or whatever. I also met this guy who is UD for 4 years without meds. It doesn't make much sense to me but if he is UD without meds, good for him.
I will let you know if my body changes. I wish you all the best.

Souledout:
Well, VL jumped to 959. What the fuck? From <40 in September to almost a thousand. This has freaked me out big time.  Also feeling massively guilty about freaking out as I know so many people would kill for my results (CD4 at 676 this time). I'm sorry if  coming across as selfish, quibbling about what others would see as amazing results.

It's left me with more questions. My blood was taken just after a really bad cold sore outbreak, could this have spiked my VL as I've read? Or have I just had a dead low set point and was diagnosed just as it started to climb? I know it's still low and I should just count my blessings but I'm the kind of person who gets hung up and obsesses.

Guess I've got to wait another few months for my next results to shed light.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: Souledout on December 02, 2012, 03:38:20 PM ---Well, VL jumped to 959. What the fuck? From <40 in September to almost a thousand. This has freaked me out big time.  Also feeling massively guilty about freaking out as I know so many people would kill for my results (CD4 at 676 this time). I'm sorry if  coming across as selfish, quibbling about what others would see as amazing results.

It's left me with more questions. My blood was taken just after a really bad cold sore outbreak, could this have spiked my VL as I've read? Or have I just had a dead low set point and was diagnosed just as it started to climb? I know it's still low and I should just count my blessings but I'm the kind of person who gets hung up and obsesses.

Guess I've got to wait another few months for my next results to shed light.

--- End quote ---

It could simply be a spike. Or a botched test.

Souledout:
Botched test? Does that happen? How big can spikes be?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version