Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

Aspiring to work in the US.

<< < (2/2)

novemberguy:

--- Quote from: JR Gabbard on October 21, 2012, 12:02:26 PM ---The thing about going directly to an employer might be your visa.  I'm pretty sure the agency you spoke with would have arranged your immigration documents for you.  If you go the other route, either you or your prospective employer will need to get you a work visa.  In addition you would need a tourist visa for your time spent here getting your license, and finding a job.
Best of luck!

--- End quote ---

Thanks again for your time JR Gabbard. You are right with everything that you have said. The VISA application would require me to be under an agency here in the Phil. for me to have approved "working visa". So that would be my problem. Is there any HIV organization that could help me be employed there in the US? plus I wanna work as a PT for the PLHIV. So I wander if there's an institution hiring PTs for PLHIV, I want to work & earn money as well as put my heart into it and help people like us. I believe that my passion in work would be optimal if my patients are HIV patients as well. 

WindySkies:
Have you considered applying with various HIV/AIDS organizations?  I'm sure they have a need for PT to support their patients.  They may be able to help you navigate the paperwork stuff easier then a normal company.

novemberguy:

--- Quote from: WindySkies on October 31, 2012, 03:50:12 PM ---Have you considered applying with various HIV/AIDS organizations?  I'm sure they have a need for PT to support their patients.  They may be able to help you navigate the paperwork stuff easier then a normal company.

--- End quote ---

Hi windyskies, thank you for caring to reply. That's a nice idea. Thanks for the suggestion, though I haven't tried that because I do not know any HIV/AIDS organization in the US, even in NY for me to apply to. All I know is this website (poz.com). Do you have any recommendations?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version