HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

General HIV Transmission Question

<< < (2/3) > >>

mkm:
Ok so I know that it is essentially impossible to transmit HIV orally (receiving as a male), however I have a bit of a different scenario.

Once in a while I'll have a threesome with a guy and a girl. There is no touching at all between the guys, but the girl will perform oral on both me and the other guy.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get HIV from this if the other guy happens to be positive? Say for example his semen (precum) gets into her mouth, then is passed on to me. As far as I know anyone I've done this with is not positive though.

I had an encounter a couple weeks ago though, and the day after I started to get sick. As far as I know this is too soon to be a sign of HIV, but I worried a bit anyway. I don't have a rash or anything, just a slightly sore throat for a day and a bit of a stuffy nose. Two other people who I live with were sick with similar symptoms before I got sick, so I'm assuming I just caught a cold from them.

So anyway, I just want to make the threesomes are a safe thing for me to do, as I don't want to worry every time I have one.

There's no unprotected sex during these other than oral sex.

Thanks to everyone who posts here to help people out with these questions.

Ann:
mkm,

I've merged your new thread into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

NO, you're not going to become infected with hiv from a third party's cum in the mouth of the person blowing you. Not only is saliva not infectious, but it also contains over a dozen different proteins and enzymes that damage hiv and render it unable to infect.

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST FOR HIV SPECIFICALLY OVER A BLOWJOB, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann

mkm:
Hi Ann,

Ok great thank you. I was expecting that answer but just wanted to make sure.

I had basically forgotten about it, but I started feeling really crappy last night... bad cough, chills, etc. It seems to have gone away mostly over night though, although I still don't feel great.

And sorry last question... I had a tiny cut at the very base of my penis from shaving maybe an hour before the encounter... even with this it would not be possible to have gotten HIV?

Again as far as I know these people don't even have HIV and are generally safe, so I know I'm probably worrying needlessly.

mkm:
Hi... sorry for bumping this topic but I'd like to get my questions off my chest before my seven day trial runs out and I can't post anymore.

So in addition to the above I'm just curious about the following:

I've seen you mention many times to people that they don't have HIV-specific symptoms. So what exactly are the HIV-specific symptoms? Sore throat? Swollen glands? Rash? Thrush?

Also you're saying that I don't need to worry about testing for this specific incident? If so I probably won't get tested (I was tested a few months ago anyway).

Thank you again for the help.

Ann:
mkm,

There really aren't any specific symptoms of primary hiv infection. The symptoms - if they happen at all - are very general and flu-like. They come on all at once and go all at once, just like the flu.

The symptoms are not caused by the virus itself. They are caused by the process the body goes through while producing antibodies. Your body goes through the same process when you have the flu virus and are producing flu antibodies, hence the symptoms being so similar as to be indistinguishable.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection! If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test and collect your negative result. As a sexually active adult, you should be testing at least once a year anyway.

Ann

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version