HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

General HIV Transmission Question

<< < (3/4) > >>

mkm:
Hmm well I've had flu-like symptoms so that doesn't really help, lol... although they haven't come and gone all at once (lasting cough, no more chills, no more fever... but still sick).

Anyway I'll believe you and will try to stop worrying about it :).

Thank you again for your help :).

mkm:
I'm curious whether it's possible to get HIV from a specific scenario. I've had a few threesomes in my life involving a a girl and another guy. Condoms were always used and there was no male on male action. However, the woman might suck both penises, one after the other.

Is this a risk for HIV? If the woman sucks the other guy's penis, then mine, is that a significant risk? There would be no ejaculate at this point, but maybe some pre-cum.

Second scenario (this happened to me recently)... I was having sex with a woman and for some odd reason she didn't tell me she had started her period. I was wearing a condom, but there was blood past the edge of the condom at the base of my penis. I didn't have any open sores, but did have a former ingrown hair there and am worried maybe there was some sort of opening in my skin.

Lastly a question about HIV symptoms. I believe I read here a while ago that generally HIV seroconversion symptoms come on all at once and leave all at once, rather than say happening one after the other. Is this accurate?

I'm asking because I had an itchy rash around my knee at some point after that sexual encounter. I will once in a while get weird stuff on my lower legs, however when the rash started going away my lower back started hurting, which is unusual for me.

If one were to get sore joints, is it usually the entire body or might it be localized in a specific location? I've had no fever or headaches, but have had a very low level scratchy throat for a few weeks now.

Thank you very much for any help!

JimDublin:
Hi

Look I read the post and both scenario's but nothing you mentioned was a transmission risk. Its the same questions you had in 2013 you are getting the same answers.

Getting a BJ is not a risk and there hasnít been a single documented case of HIV transmission to an insertive partner (the person being "sucked") and you will not be the first. Nothing you mentioned changed that.

Ingrown hairs, blood outside the human body, no risk whatsoever.

HIV firstly needs to be present for it to be a risk and in sufficient quantity for it to transmit, it also than needs an effective route, and it must also reach cells which are susceptible to infection.  Nothing you mentioned meets the requirements for transmission.

The rest of you post you already had an answer from Ann. My answer will not be any different.

--- Quote from: Ann on January 12, 2013, 08:14:05 AM ---There really aren't any specific symptoms of primary hiv infection. The symptoms - if they happen at all - are very general and flu-like. They come on all at once and go all at once, just like the flu.

The symptoms are not caused by the virus itself. They are caused by the process the body goes through while producing antibodies. Your body goes through the same process when you have the flu virus and are producing flu antibodies, hence the symptoms being so similar as to be indistinguishable.

You have NOT had a risk for hiv infection! If you cannot bring yourself to believe us, go test and collect your negative result. As a sexually active adult, you should be testing at least once a year anyway.

Ann

--- End quote ---

Kind regards

Jim

Please Note.
As a member of the AM I Infected Forum you are required to only post in this one thread no matter how long between visits or the subject matter. You can find this thread by going to your profile and selecting show own post and it will take you here . It helps us to help you when you keep all your thoughts or questions in one thread and it helps other readers to follow the discussion. Any additional threads will be deleted.

JimDublin:
2013 Question:

--- Quote from: mkm on January 08, 2013, 11:17:04 PM ---Ok so I know that it is essentially impossible to transmit HIV orally (receiving as a male), however I have a bit of a different scenario.

Once in a while I'll have a threesome with a guy and a girl. There is no touching at all between the guys, but the girl will perform oral on both me and the other guy.

I'm wondering if it's possible to get HIV from this if the other guy happens to be positive? Say for example his semen (precum) gets into her mouth, then is passed on to me. As far as I know anyone I've done this with is not positive though.

--- End quote ---

2016 question:

--- Quote from: mkm on August 31, 2016, 05:54:11 PM ---I'm curious whether it's possible to get HIV from a specific scenario. I've had a few threesomes in my life involving a a girl and another guy. Condoms were always used and there was no male on male action. However, the woman might suck both penises, one after the other.

Is this a risk for HIV? If the woman sucks the other guy's penis, then mine, is that a significant risk? There would be no ejaculate at this point, but maybe some pre-cum.

--- End quote ---

See what I mean, its the same you need to move on.

Jim

mkm:
Thanks for your reply. Sorry I didn't look at my post history and had forgotten I asked a very similar question back then.

Thanks again,

Matt

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version