HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

General HIV Transmission Question

(1/3) > >>

mkm:
Ok so I had sex with this girl the other day. I did it stupidly knowing that I had a tiny scab on my penis. The scab was maybe only the size of the tip of a ball point pen and was completely closed (I think).

I thought she would only be using her hand on me before we ended up meeting, which is why I didn't think much of it, but more ended up happening.

We had protected sex, and afterwards she used her hand on me and her mouth a little. I know HIV is very hard to transmit and it's unlikely that anything happened, but just thought I'd ask anyway.

I concerned that maybe some of her vaginal fluids came in contact with the scab or something like that. Although from what I've been reading if it's a scab HIV can't make its way through.

It's less than a week from the incident now and I have what I think is just a regular cold, although it has me worried that it may be HIV symptoms. I don't have any rash or thrush or fever, etc, just a very slight sore throat and a runny nose.

Also as far as I know this girl doesn't even have HIV, but she's just a random girl I met so I don't really know.

Thanks for any help!

jkinatl2:
Under absolutely NO circumstances were you at any risk for HIV in the scenario as you described it

HIV is an extremely fragile virus and can not be transmitted by vaginal juices outside the body. As a matter of fact, the infectious fluids found inside the vagina are isolated far inside the vagina, in thick mucousal fluids near the cervix. You cannot reach them with a finger or tongue, only a penis. The other, lubricating fluids which you likely encountered are not any more infectious than saliva or sweat (which is to say, not at all.)

You wore a condom for penetrative sex. That's really all you need to do in order to prevent HIV infection. I certainly wish the same could be said for other STDs, but sadly it cannot.

mkm:
Great thank you very much for the reply.

"As a matter of fact, the infectious fluids found inside the vagina are isolated far inside the vagina, in thick mucousal fluids near the cervix."

Interesting... I didn't know that, I thought it was all vaginal fluids.

In general though is it not possible for HIV to penetrate through a scab or other cut which isn't fresh?

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: mkm on October 16, 2012, 03:59:58 AM ---Great thank you very much for the reply.

"As a matter of fact, the infectious fluids found inside the vagina are isolated far inside the vagina, in thick mucousal fluids near the cervix."

Interesting... I didn't know that, I thought it was all vaginal fluids.

In general though is it not possible for HIV to penetrate through a scab or other cut which isn't fresh?

--- End quote ---

It is not.

mkm:
Ok thank you again for your help :).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version