Main Forums > AIDS Activism

Aids Walk Atlanta, thinking of "protesting" Delta Airlines

(1/2) > >>

zach:
Six months ago I was fired from Delta while undergoing psychiatric treatment. In the weeks prior to that, my privacy was violated to extent that my AIDS status became common knowledge.

I have never taken part in any type of direct activism. It irks me that Delta is enjoying the publicity of sponsorship, while at the same time facing at least one lawsuit.

Am I being selfish? Any advice on how to proceed?

http://www.poz.com/articles/delta_air_lines_hiv_1_22967.shtml

zach:
just trying to bump this up, i could really use some advice here

Buckmark:

--- Quote from: zach on October 15, 2012, 06:09:06 PM ---Six months ago I was fired from Delta while undergoing psychiatric treatment. In the weeks prior to that, my privacy was violated to extent that my AIDS status became common knowledge.

I have never taken part in any type of direct activism. It irks me that Delta is enjoying the publicity of sponsorship, while at the same time facing at least one lawsuit.

Am I being selfish? Any advice on how to proceed?

http://www.poz.com/articles/delta_air_lines_hiv_1_22967.shtml

--- End quote ---

Since you are currently engaged in a lawsuit with Delta, you should first contact your attorney to get his advice on whether it is advisable to protest Delta while you have pending lawsuit against them.  The publicity could have an impact on your case (not sure if it would be positive or negative -- that's why you should contact your attorney).

zach:

--- Quote from: Buckmark on October 16, 2012, 10:01:04 AM ---Since you are currently engaged in a lawsuit with Delta, you should first contact your attorney to get his advice on whether it is advisable to protest Delta while you have pending lawsuit against them.  The publicity could have an impact on your case (not sure if it would be positive or negative -- that's why you should contact your attorney).

--- End quote ---

i'm not involved in that lawsuit

buginme2:
Were you fired because of your HIV status? Were you discriminated against because of it?

If my employer fired me out of direct or indirect discrimination due to my HIV status I wouldnt give two figs about protesting, I would consider filing a lawsuit however.  At least for lost and projected wages.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version