Main Forums > Living With HIV

latest results... disease progression? :-[

<< < (2/7) > >>

mecch:

--- Quote from: survivor703 on October 08, 2012, 11:33:30 PM ---I know I should go ahead and start medication, but I have so many fears and worries about it. It's like once you start, there's no going back. I guess it's a moment of acceptance, and it just hits you -- man, I really have HIV for the rest of my life. 

--- End quote ---

What exactly is the fear and worry?  Spell it out so people here can dissuade you with facts and experience. 

You have had HIV since the day the virus got hold of your body. Whether you needed HAART or not was only secondary. YOu had it sine then and by most accountings, you'll have it forever.  Its a manageable disease and has been for a long time, by virtue of the existence of good medicine.   

--- Quote from: survivor703 on October 08, 2012, 11:33:30 PM ---Also, I'm insured by my employers group health care. I know they can't find out, but what if I lose my job, will I have to go on drug assistance? I won't be able to afford thousands a month for medication.  Would there be a break in my treatment due to this? I live in VA / MD, and I believe there is a waiting list here.

--- End quote ---

These fears seem more concrete and if you haven't already figured out this aspect of living with HIV - how am I going to afford and access care and treatment - now is the time. 

survivor703:
Thanks meech for the stern, but kind words... it's great to have someone to talk to about my deepest fears. I still haven't told a soul except for my partner that I'm poz. I know that when I start meds, that may have to change though... seems my whole world will change.

--- Quote ---To my mind, this is not evidence of disease progression, it's evidence of one low CD4% test which is unimportant in the context of a CD4 count over 500 on 3 consecutive tests.
--- End quote ---

I think my percentage went down due to an increase of lymphocytes... My lymphocytes have jumped to 62%, which makes me think I have some sort of infection going on or some other funny business. In theory, if the cd4 count stayed constant, but another type of white blood cell increased, the cd4 percentage would drop. So, I think this might be why you're right newt. Thanks for your input.

As a side note, my partner did just recently test positive for herpes, and I think I may have contracted it from him, which MIGHT explain the tripled viral load, and might explain the high lymphocytes. Furthermore, I've noticed barely visible, painless, pencil eraser sized light red spots all over my body. They are hard to see because they are so light, and I'm very hairy. But when I noticed them on my genitals, I became worried. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe this is due to supplements I'm taking... NAC, Fish Oil, organic liquid vitamins? IDK. :(

weasel:

--- Quote from: survivor703 on October 09, 2012, 09:44:28 AM --- Furthermore, I've noticed barely visible, painless, pencil eraser sized light red spots all over my body. They are hard to see because they are so light, and I'm very hairy. But when I noticed them on my genitals, I became worried. Not sure what to make of this. Maybe this is due to supplements I'm taking... NAC, Fish Oil, organic liquid vitamins? IDK. :(

--- End quote ---

Hi  survivor703  ,
                                  Hope you are doing well  :)

I had SPOTS !    .......................
       Then went on  MEDS     18 years later .     8 years down that road and all is well .

As for  being outed when starting MEDS ?    I know people that are on  HIV meds and  there is no fear because Pharmacy people do not have big mouths  ;)

Don't worry too much , I know it is hard not to .

Weasel

survivor703:
Thanks weasel.... I appreciate your response... But whats the deal with the spots? I don't know what to make of this.

weasel:

Not sure about why spots .

At the time I was a SUN Goddess in Las Vegas , Nevada ? 

No spots now , Never had them treated , They just went away .

I would ask your doctor what he thinks , I know I still get what my Mother

called Roesiollies < SP >   ,  Red spots !   Not often thou .

Be well .

Carl

P.S.  :     I did have spots that were a fungus !!!

When I got hot they would turn red !  I had forgotten  about them , They were white and raised .   Nizoral <sp>   In a cream lotion applied sparingly . It dries up the skin  and the rash falls off  :o

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version