Main Forums > Living With HIV

Moving to thailand

<< < (3/4) > >>

niceinla:
Anyone know the availability of Viraday? What about cost?

I hear its a good generic to Atripla.

indianguy1984:
Atripla is available in Bangkok's Thai Red Cross-NAT for 2640 baht for 1 month supply. I go to Bumrungrad to see a doctor but when it comes to blood investigations, VL, or medication - it is much cheaper to buy it at Thai Red Cross at Ratchadamri Road.

Good luck.

indianguy1984:
I do not recall Viraday being available in Thailand. It is available in India - the recommended retail in India is Rs3900 but in some HIV organisations they sell it much cheaper for Rs2700.

negThai:
Can confirm Matt's statement that they test for Syphillis for a work permit, but no testing for HIV.

Good luck in Thailand, I love it here! If you need any advice from a long term teacher, send me a message.

Matt Butler:

--- Quote from: indianguy1984 on October 21, 2012, 09:20:34 AM ---Atripla is available in Bangkok's Thai Red Cross-NAT for 2640 baht for 1 month supply. I go to Bumrungrad to see a doctor but when it comes to blood investigations, VL, or medication - it is much cheaper to buy it at Thai Red Cross at Ratchadamri Road.

Good luck.

--- End quote ---
Hi indianguy1984, that is certainly a much better price for Atripla than Bumrungrad.

Did you need any paperwork from Bumrungrad to show that you are currently taking Atripla? Or can you just turn up at the Thai Red Cross at Ratchadamri Road and ask for say 6 months worth of Atripla for two people. We do not live in Bangkok so it would be handy to know in advance.

How much do they charge for a CBC, CD4/8 and Viral load test also? Thanks.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version