Main Forums > Living With HIV

Moving to thailand

(1/4) > >>

niceinla:
I'm moving to Thailand, or am hoping to rather.

While this should be exciting, it is also nerve-racking when I think about the unknowns. I hope someone out there can help with my questions..

I will be working, and my work will be handling my visa.

My questions are:
- Do they screen for HIV for a visa? Will I be denied when they get my results?

-What are some of the options in terms of receiving care and medication? Any good clinics?

Thanks!

Anqueetas:
it might be a problem I heard my foreign said that they need to have a blood test when they have to renew their work permit(work Visa)  I suggest you talk to your company they probably can tell you what will happen.

treatment option in thailand is quite ok from cheap(public hospital) to expensive (private hospital) most drug are available except very latest one like Stribilid, complera, Atripla is not available instead u have to take sustiva and truvada).  If u can't take Atripla second and third option can be expensive in this country there is no co-pay of any kind here. I don't know about insurance though.

Hope this help.

emeraldize:
Hi

Where do you hope to live?

There's more to your wanting to move to Thailand than a love of mangos.

Do you have friends, work, any support system already there?

Em

niceinla:

--- Quote from: Anqueetas on October 09, 2012, 02:50:43 AM ---it might be a problem I heard my foreign said that they need to have a blood test when they have to renew their work permit(work Visa)  I suggest you talk to your company they probably can tell you what will happen.

treatment option in thailand is quite ok from cheap(public hospital) to expensive (private hospital) most drug are available except very latest one like Stribilid, complera, Atripla is not available instead u have to take sustiva and truvada).  If u can't take Atripla second and third option can be expensive in this country there is no co-pay of any kind here. I don't know about insurance though.

Hope this help.

--- End quote ---

I'm currently taking atripla. From my understanding, there is a generic available in Thailand. Is that not true?

niceinla:

--- Quote from: emeraldize on October 09, 2012, 09:57:48 PM ---Hi

Where do you hope to live?

There's more to your wanting to move to Thailand than a love of mangos.

Do you have friends, work, any support system already there?

Em

--- End quote ---

I do not have a support in terms of friends or family. I'm going there to teach English, probably in January/February. Not sure of what city I will be in- it depends on the positions available.

While I do love mangos ;D, this is an opportunity for me to live abroad and experience a new culture for a year. An adventure! I figure now is as good of a time as ever.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version