HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

3-month regimen of antiretrovirals ?

<< < (2/3) > >>

newandverysad:
I see you guys did not understand what I was talking about.

The problem already happened.

I would like to know now if she made a criminal act by not telling me her status.

jkinatl2:

--- Quote from: newandverysad on October 07, 2012, 11:12:26 AM ---I see you guys did not understand what I was talking about.

The problem already happened.

I would like to know now if she made a criminal act by not telling me her status.

--- End quote ---

Please enlighten me. Are you HIV positive? If so then your post should be moved to another forum here.

And unless you were a victim of rape, your unprotected sex was consensual. While many places indeed do criminalise HIV it is, in my earnest opinion, a terrible thing to do. To consent to unprotected sex is to consent to the possibility of an STI, including HIV. Taking responsibility for your own infection is paramount to fighting the disease.

There is the legal possibility that you could wreck someone's life. But it will not undo your own decision to have unprotected sex. It will not restore your HIV status. And it will perpetuate ignorance and stigma that, if you are indeed HIV positive, you will have to contend with yourself.

In short, you made the choice as an adult. While I personally think a person has a moral obligation to inform others of his/her status before engaging in risky situations, I so not believe the legal system should be involved in cases of consensual sex.

Have you teased positive using both elisa and western blot? Are you aware of your numbers?

newandverysad:
Hi guys!

I was reading something on the Internet, but I dont understand what the writer means by that. So If anyone ones about PEP or the 3-month regimen of antiretrovirals, would be appreciated if would explain it.
This is the text I was reading. About PEP now Im kinda familiar, but have no idea what the other stuff meant to be.

"If a condom breaks, which is very rare, but possible, you need to put the sex on halt and figure out what’s going on. Post-exposure prophylaxis (PEP), a 3-month regimen of antiretrovirals that greatly reduces the chances of getting HIV, is available if the person has been exposed to your fluids."

Thanks a lot

Ann:
sad,
I've removed your new thread from the Living forum - where you are not permitted to post - and merged it into your original thread - where you should post all your additional thoughts or questions. It helps us to help you when you keep everything in one thread. It doesn't matter how long it has been since you last posted in your thread or if the subject matter is different.

If you need help finding your thread when you come here, click on the "Show own posts" link under your name in the left-hand column of any forum page.

Please also read through the Welcome Thread so you can familiarize yourself with our Forum Posting Guidelines. Thank you for your cooperation.

PEP does not last three months - it is only taken for four weeks (28 days)  and it must be initiated within 72 hours of the risk.

Ann

Andy Velez:
...And you still have not confirmed whether or not you have had a positive Elisa test result which has been confirmed by a positive western blot. Until if and when that happens you need to remain in this forum and use only this thread for any comments.

Please clarify the situation.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version