HIV Prevention and Testing > Am I Infected?

3-month regimen of antiretrovirals ?

<< < (3/3)

newandverysad:
Andy Velez asked me in another topic to clarify my situation, but I can not post there somehow, so Iam writing here.

Long story short, I am a straight male. Met a native Canadian girl at a bar. Ive never seen her before and took her home with me. It was the first bad decision I made, because I drank too much. Had unprotected sex with her for a while then stopped when anxiety stepped in.
Had a shower, tried to clean my penis as much as I could. (Now I know it doesnt matter).
Next morning she told me that she is sometimes painting prostitutes and she has relatives who use niddles for drugs (I assume she too). Also she said she has to go for her medicine. When I asked what kind of medicine she changed the topic. I was still drunk and stupid that I didnt ask her status.
Also her face was shrunk probably, because her medication is against the HIV virus and we know that having these pills sometimes change the face structure. Also I checked the Internet for statistics and It says native Canadian people are the majority with HIV infection who are from reserves. (More than 75%).
My assumption is that she is an HIV infected native Canadian prostitute, but this is just my guess.

So after couple days when I realized the huge risk what I took drunk, I thought there is nothing to do, Im going to kill myself or somehow try to be used to the situation and take pills after I will be diagnosed.
Of course after 12-14 days I started having symptoms. Mild fever, sore throat, mild sweating at nights.
Then I was in shock and didnt know what to do. Left my job and I was in bed for weeks. Tried to prepare for the bad news. By this time I started having symtoms like extreme fatigue (never had before), high sound in my ears, huge blood pressure (couldnt sleep at all). After research I found that it could have been of extreme stress.  Although I never had diarrhea or rash. (I know some people never had it with the infection).
So I was tested at 6 weeks 3 days for almost every sexual transmitted diseases and it came out all negative, but we all know that it is not 100% precise.

I know I did a stupid move. I would never have done this if Iam sober. I am totally the opposite of that person who took this girl to home at that night.

I am still worried, but less then before. My boss gave me back my job and things are better, but I just cant believe that I can be that lucky. Of course at 12 weeks Iam going to be checked again, maybe I just turn positive later. Please comment my post and assess my risk from your views.

Thanks

Andy Velez:
You have not tested positive. You need to stay out of the other threads.

Stop with all the drama. You've had unprotected intercourse which means you need to get tested. You can do that initially at 6 weeks and then at 3 months for a conclusive result, hopefully a negative one. 

Ann:
Sad,

You can no longer post in your thread in the Am I Infected? forum because people are only permitted three free posts in this forum, and you have (more than) used those three posts up. If you wish to post more in these forums, you will need to take out a subscription. See the huge IMPORTANT UPDATE that appears at the top of each and every Am I Infected? forum page, and also read the Pay-For-Participation Subscription Instructions thread which is stickied at the top of the main AII? index page.

You were never likely to end up hiv positive following a single incident of unprotected insertive vaginal intercourse, even if she is hiv positive. Further, if she is indeed on hiv meds and has an undetectable viral load, you're more likely to win a multi-million dollar lottery than you are to end up positive following a one-off.

Your six-plus week negative is not going to change. The vast majority of people who have actually been infected will seroconvert and test positive by six weeks, with the average time to seroconversion being only 22 days.

A six week negative must be confirmed at the three month point, but is HIGHLY UNLIKELY TO CHANGE.

You need to cut the drama and get on with your life. You also need to stop posting in forums where you are not permitted to post. You have NOT "Just Tested POZ", so you may NOT post in that forum. If you insist on posting there again, you will be banned from these forums. Please consider yourself warned.

In future, make sure you're using a condom no matter who you're with. Stop making judgement calls on the basis of what ethnic group a person belongs to or what things their relatives may do regarding drugs. ANYONE you come in contact with may be hiv positive, so protect yourself accordingly by ALWAYS using condoms. It's not WHO you do, it's HOW you do it. Get those three letters in the correct order when weighing up your sexual risks.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!!!

Ann

jkinatl2:
Nice try to circumvent the rules in Living WIth HIV - a topic about which you clearly have neither empathy nor comprehension.

Your post in the other section of the forum has been noted and reported. You chose to have unprotected sex. You are not an infant, nor, I assume, mentally challenged. Yet you choose to take essentially zero responsibility for your actions, and would rather vilify others than do so.

Ann:

--- Quote from: jkinatl2 on December 15, 2012, 12:46:16 AM ---Nice try to circumvent the rules in Living WIth HIV - a topic about which you clearly have neither empathy nor comprehension.

Your post in the other section of the forum has been noted and reported. You chose to have unprotected sex. You are not an infant, nor, I assume, mentally challenged. Yet you choose to take essentially zero responsibility for your actions, and would rather vilify others than do so.

--- End quote ---

He's banned for repeatedly breaking our posting rules.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version