Off Topic Forums > Off Topic Forum

watching the dabate??

<< < (3/28) > >>

mitch777:
romney looked wired and the 23 (i think?) primary debates gave him the experience to direct the whole thing.
watching obama was sooo disapointing. he missed way too many oportunities and took very little control in pouncing on all of romney's weak points. (maybe too many to choose from?)
47%
women's health
bain
massachusetts lack of job gains during his time in office
etc.
(i could go on forever it seems, but am worried my computer will run out of ink) ;D

can only hope that the few "undecided" were'nt swayed.

WillyWump:
Obama:

dissinterested.
detached.
tired.
confused.
back on his heels.

All these and more.

He spent more time staring down at his lecturn then looking at Romney or Lehrer. When he did muster the courage to look at the camera he looked like a deer in the headlights. We all know Obama needs a prompter to half way function, but this was ridiculous.

This debate was horrid for the president.

Now, the good thing, or bad thing depending on who you are for, is that there are 2 more debates. If you remember your history well then you remember Reagan looked just as inept during his first debate with Mondale and then went on to ace the remaining debates and the election.

This should have been the death knell for Romney, but instead it reinvigorated him and his base, and perhaps more importantly his big dollar contributors who had started to pull back.

Time will tell.

-W

Jeff G:
I'm optimistic . The President has pulled many rabbits out of shabby hats over and over again when everyone said he was defeated , I'm betting he will do the same with this election and the next two debates . There are many more opportunity's for Mitt to put his foot in his mouth again before the election .

leatherman:

--- Quote from: bocker3 on October 04, 2012, 07:39:33 AM ---if they had to stop their advertising for the same period of time as they debate.  Living in a swing state SUCKS

--- End quote ---
ain't that the truth?! I don't even live in a swing state; but I do live close enough to one that we're inundated with those TV ads too. I haven't hardly seen a REAL commercial in months. ::)

Buckmark:

--- Quote from: leatherman on October 04, 2012, 11:42:15 AM ---ain't that the truth?! I don't even live in a swing state; but I do live close enough to one that we're inundated with those TV ads too. I haven't hardly seen a REAL commercial in months. ::)

--- End quote ---

Living in a non-swing state (Texas), I hardly see any ads.  Which is just as well.  The election cycle just makes me too anxious about the future.  Seeing all those ads would only add to that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version