Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

first appointment with a psyciatrist this afternoon...

<< < (2/3) > >>

buginme2:
If you are seeing a psychiatrist I wouldnt expect too much talk therapy.  Psychiatrists are usually clinical and interested in prescribing and monitoring medication.

Psychologists or Therapists usually engage in talk therapy, discussing your feelings and such, and is more apt to having a compfy couch to relax  on.

mitch777:
no couch but was surprised to see the stirrups!
guess she tends to want to dig deep. ;D

she IS into talk therapy too!
that is why i think i liked her so much. :)

mecch:

--- Quote from: buginme2 on October 03, 2012, 04:05:07 PM ---If you are seeing a psychiatrist I wouldnt expect too much talk therapy.  Psychiatrists are usually clinical and interested in prescribing and monitoring medication.

Psychologists or Therapists usually engage in talk therapy, discussing your feelings and such, and is more apt to having a compfy couch to relax  on.

--- End quote ---

This is not a good summary.  There are plenty of M.D. shrinks who do talk therapy.  Whether one person's insurance wants to pay for talk therapy is another matter.  I have on and off seen M.D. shrinks for years.  70's. 80's. 2000. and now 10's.  In three different countries. I have never found that there are no shrinks who do talk therapy.  Sometimes there are not ENOUGH shrinks doing talk therapy, to meet the needs of a certain population.  Also, many American insurance plans want nothing to do with paying shrinks for talk therapy.

Ann:

--- Quote from: mecch on October 03, 2012, 04:22:28 PM --- Also, many American insurance plans want nothing to do with paying shrinks for talk therapy.

--- End quote ---

Yep, and it's pretty odd (if you ask me), considering study after study has shown that talk-therapy (with or without meds) has the best long-term results over meds alone.

Mitch, I'm glad to hear it went well and you feel you have a good fit with your therapist. That's important.

Strange about the stirrups though! Wonder if she also has a strap-on? My kind of woman if she does. ;D

mitch777:
i didn't check her closet Ann, but i suspect that red-headed vixen has lots of surprises in store. ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version