Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Started on meds today, one month after diagnosis. What was it like for you?

<< < (4/5) > >>

bufguy:
I was diagnosed May 2008...went through the confirmatory testing and 4 weeks later was on atripla. My doc started me despite my good numbers...CD4 511, Vl 47,000....The first 10 days were tough...anxious, headaches, fogginess...since then no problems...undetectable, CD4 over 1200.
Most people have no side effects...be patient, you'll be fine!

thepostergirl:
lincoln, I was diagnosed a little over a month ago and have recently started on meds as well. i've been on them for a week and i feel like i slept the entire week and gained like a million lbs.. but it's getting better. i'm adjusting  - and i hope you are as well.

leatherman - thank you for such an insightful post as a newbie it really helped to read your words, thank you.

be blessed all - echo

lincoln6echo:
Glad you were able to start right away postergirl and adjusting ok.
I'm doing good overall. The only thing that is persisting is bad GI  issues..bloating, gas, etc.  nasty.

I'll talk to the Dr this week when I go in for my next appointment.

what are you on?

leatherman:

--- Quote from: lincoln6echo on November 25, 2012, 10:00:12 PM ---The only thing that is persisting is bad GI  issues..bloating, gas, etc.  nasty.

--- End quote ---
have you called the doctor's office and asked about taking something (although there may be timing issues) from over-the-counter to help with these issues? ;)

lincoln6echo:

--- Quote from: leatherman on November 25, 2012, 10:32:53 PM ---have you called the doctor's office and asked about taking something (although there may be timing issues) from over-the-counter to help with these issues? ;)

--- End quote ---

Good question but no, not yet.  At the same time I started meds, I also started taking greens plus and skim milk powder in my oatmeal (for extra protein).  They asked me to remove that from my diet to see if it was either of those two things. Well, I did.  It's been two weeks and the GI issues persist.  So, I'll ask them tomorrow at my appointment about something to help. 

I'd be ok with a little discomfort now and then in return for life saving meds, it's just that as it stands right now, I have to keep running to the bathroom in a panic!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version