Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Started on meds today, one month after diagnosis. What was it like for you?

<< < (3/5) > >>

beyourhero:
Hi! I found out I have HIV on the 3rd October, started meds yesterday, (had a little cry too!) combination of TRUVADA and ISENTRESS, i also read that it effects bone density after long term use. Is there something one can take or do to help with OSTEOPENIA or OSTEOPOROSIS?
Thanks. xxxx

emeraldize:
Started two years ago, had a teensy cry -- hey, I mean it, teensy. Might have sounded like a brief allergic reaction to life. But, it's been fine since.

See the movie How to Survive a Plague if it comes to your city (look it up online) and you'll realize the process whereby we became so lucky as to have the option to cry as we live longer rather than cry in advance of our death and over the deaths of lovers and friends.

We are fortunate beyond our ability to comprehend it. Just that much I know.

Palliate:

--- Quote ---However, as my motto has been for many years now, any day you’re not in a hospital is a GREAT day!

--- End quote ---

Leatherman, as another newbie, let me thank you for such an encouraging post. I like your motto, and I think I'm gonna steal it.  :)

lincoln6echo:

--- Quote from: emeraldize on November 17, 2012, 08:46:49 PM ---Started two years ago, had a teensy cry -- hey, I mean it, teensy. Might have sounded like a brief allergic reaction to life. But, it's been fine since.

See the movie How to Survive a Plague if it comes to your city (look it up online) and you'll realize the process whereby we became so lucky as to have the option to cry as we live longer rather than cry in advance of our death and over the deaths of lovers and friends.

We are fortunate beyond our ability to comprehend it. Just that much I know.

--- End quote ---

I haven't seen that movie as it's not out here yet.  Saw the trailer though and looks pretty cool. 
I did see, "we were here" though. Very intense.  You should check that one out as well. 

emeraldize:
Hi Lincoln,

Yes, I did see 'We Were Here' and that was well worth seeing, too. And, yes, intense.

Plague is different in that regard and gives you an up-close view as to process, consensus, strategy, grit and determination and         collaboration.

Em

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version