Off Topic Forums > Forums Gatherings

AMG 2013 OFFICIAL THREAD TO VOTE FOR LOCATION

<< < (20/21) > >>

wolfter:

--- Quote from: Hideyoshi on November 21, 2012, 01:08:52 AM ---what is AMG?

--- End quote ---

It's a yearly gathering of the members here who meet in fabulous locations.  It's not affiliated with any organization and we collectively nominate cities, dates and hotels.  We vote on all of those.  It's an opportunity to meet the awesome members here in person.

I'd suggest reading through some of the older posts and you'll garner a lot of insight to what happens.  I've never heard anyone say they regretted attending.  I look forward to it all year long.

Wolfie

Hideyoshi:
how many people usually go?

--- Quote from: wolfter on November 21, 2012, 03:26:21 AM ---It's a yearly gathering of the members here who meet in fabulous locations.  It's not affiliated with any organization and we collectively nominate cities, dates and hotels.  We vote on all of those.  It's an opportunity to meet the awesome members here in person.

I'd suggest reading through some of the older posts and you'll garner a lot of insight to what happens.  I've never heard anyone say they regretted attending.  I look forward to it all year long.

Wolfie

--- End quote ---

wolfter:

--- Quote from: Hideyoshi on November 21, 2012, 03:33:12 AM ---how many people usually go?

--- End quote ---

If you read through the previous threads, you'll see the "names and arrivals" thread that shows the members from each year.

cyberian:
I've seen this question asked before, but I have yet to see the 'definitive' on what AMG is exactly.
Is it an official event?  Or just an annual gathering of online friends?
How long does it last?
Is there a website with all the details I can check this out?
Will it hurt?
What does AMG stand for?  ???
From reading the older posts, I could only guess...
A Motley Group
Auntie Mame Gang
American Models Guild
All-Male-Groping?

well, then the Atripla kicked in and my sad sense of humor went thru the floor...

Hellraiser:

--- Quote from: cyberian on November 29, 2012, 09:36:23 AM ---I've seen this question asked before, but I have yet to see the 'definitive' on what AMG is exactly.
Is it an official event?  Or just an annual gathering of online friends?
How long does it last?
Is there a website with all the details I can check this out?
Will it hurt?
What does AMG stand for?  ???
From reading the older posts, I could only guess...
A Motley Group
Auntie Mame Gang
American Models Guild
All-Male-Groping?

well, then the Atripla kicked in and my sad sense of humor went thru the floor...

--- End quote ---

AMG stands for Aids Meds Gathering.  As these forums used to be hosted on a site called aidsmeds, but has since changed to the poz forums.  The gathering lasts for a weekend, it is official only in the sense that we members officially organize it every year and all forum members are welcome.  There is no website all information about it is listed in the 3 or 4 main threads each year.  The site chosen for 2013 was Chicago and we're currently narrowing down what dates.  Feel free to go vote in that thread.  It will be under the forums gatherings topic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version