Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Another newbie

<< < (4/4)

vertigo:
Hi Everyone,

A quick update for the new year.

Just got new labs back:  VL 99,460  CD4 530 / 21%

Physically am still feeling great, but I can see from the trend line that the virus is slowly winning, surprise surprise.  Am planning on starting meds a little later this year.

Some good news from my doc: he told me not to stress about the limited selection on my insurance carrier's preferred drug list.  Said they will have to make available whatever he prescribes.  That's not to say that the pricing and co-pay schedule will be the same for all meds, however.

Emotionally I feel fine at this point.  It's remarkable how quickly we can adapt to changed circumstances -- good or bad.  That might be of some comfort to others who find these boards after a new diagnosis.

Cheers. 

tednlou2:
It's been about 7 months since infection?  I suppose if your body was going to get better control of the virus, you would be seeing it by now.  Most of us don't know when we were infected exactly and didn't get dx'd for several years after, so I always wonder what my labs would have shown during the 7 years from infection to diagnosis.

Anyway, all the best to you.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version