Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Mental Health & HIV

Advice to Avoid Withdrawal/Depression

<< < (3/4) > >>

BT65:
I wouldn't necessarily say Xanax is a 'walk in the park.'  As someone who's gone through withdrawal from heroin (cold turkey) and withdrawal from Xanax (cold turkey), I'd rather do withdrawal from heroin again before the Xanax. 

sh0reboy23:
I really appreciate all your responses, and I sit here disappointed that I gave in to the urge yesterday evening, after thinking over and over I cannot make it through this coming work week sober, although last week I made it through with energy drinks in the afternoon. I have a few roxi's left and should probably be one and done with them by the end of this week. I'm just upset because I made it almost 9 full days clean. What I noticed while sober, and not on any medication, was my weekend was longer yet amazing, as I took my partner to a fall festival and we went to see my family and had a great weekend. Thoughts continuously processed of me wishing I was never diagnosed with HIV and how awful the disease is that, once you get the damn thing, it doesn't go away :(

In addition, I found myself comparing to before I met my partner when I was in the closet, and that being the reason why I started using. And now the reason is, I am genuinely hurt that we both have become so 'ill' at 23 and 26. I become jealous at my fellow gay men, who are negative, and have so much more to look forward to than him and I, like saving for a house or retirement.

It was a good week away from the roxicet for me to distinguish the reason I'm doing them, and it is because of the diagnosis and impact it has had on our lives. I anticipate starting Lexapro, but want to be sure that consuming energy drinks in the afternoon will not affect its impacts.

Ann:

--- Quote from: sh0reboy23 on October 08, 2012, 11:52:44 AM ---
I become jealous at my fellow gay men, who are negative, and have so much more to look forward to than him and I, like saving for a house or retirement.

--- End quote ---

If you keep going with that attitude, you're going to find yourself elderly, broke and homeless one day. Being diagnosed in the 2010s with hiv is NO reason to not be saving for a house or for your retirement.

Believe it.

If you don't, with all the information on this website at your disposal, then you're just finding excuses. Go live your life - in spite of hiv. If you don't, you'll regret it when you're in your 60s and 70s.

Believe it!

thunter34:
Vyvanse, honey.  If that won't help with the energy, I don't know what would. 

And the next best thing to straight up crack (energy wise) that I ever found was the classic combo of 1/2 of an ephedrine tablet with one cup of coffee - with a baby asprin kicker.  I think the ephedrine is harder to locate these days thanks to the brilliant "war on drugs" and you have to sign a sheet for some tabs - if you can even find a place that has them.

Oh - and in all most sincere seriousness - I cannot endorse music therapy enough.  A cheap pair of headphones (to let the music IN your head not just at your ears) and one good CD / favorite playlist of some of your most cherished and uplifting tunes).  Allow yourself to kick back for 30 mins.  Close your eyes or even put on a small blindfold to shut everything else out.  Surrender to the sound and let it take you somewhere wonderful. 

I swear to you it works.  Heck - I personally like some good trance.  I put on Dave Ralph's "Tranceport" set last night, and coulda sworn I'd scored a tab of ecstasy. 

emeraldize:

--- Quote from: Ann on October 08, 2012, 03:10:55 PM ---If you keep going with that attitude, you're going to find yourself elderly, broke and homeless one day. Being diagnosed in the 2010s with hiv is NO reason to not be saving for a house or for your retirement.

Believe it.

If you don't, with all the information on this website at your disposal, then you're just finding excuses. Go live your life - in spite of hiv. If you don't, you'll regret it when you're in your 60s and 70s.

Believe it!

--- End quote ---

Complete ditto from me on this.

I challenge you to open an account into which you start depositing any money you would normally use to purchase drugs, excessive booze and cigarettes (I don't think you noted smoking but if you do, that's a ton of money not serving you well).

Try it and then envision looking at why you started it 4 decades from now, and then envision spending it 5 decades from now.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version