Main Forums > Positive Women

Got new test results

(1/2) > >>

badbaby1971:
Hi everyone got new test results yesterday and my CD4 count is 198 but my VL is 128, my Doctor says that its probably just  a blip in my count and wants me to get retested in 2 weeks to check it out. Not to worried about it though just wanted to let you all know what was going on with me its been a long time.

Ann:
Hi BB!

That is most likely a blip. Only a few years ago, anything under 500 was UD, and before that the threshold was even higher. Don't sweat it. The newer, more sensitive VL tests can be both a blessing and a curse - a curse because they make people worry when they come back with small, but detectable results. You'll most likely be UD when you test again.

Let us know how your next blood results go, ok? And don't be such a stranger! ;)

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

badbaby1971:
Well got my new results again and my CD4 count went down to 185 but I am once again UD. I know its been a while since I've been on here, but I do read others posts and feel if I have something helpful to say I will help out if I can.. I hope all is going well for you Ann.

BT65:

--- Quote from: badbaby1971 on October 22, 2012, 06:21:59 PM ---Well got my new results again and my CD4 count went down to 185 but I am once again UD. I know its been a while since I've been on here, but I do read others posts and feel if I have something helpful to say I will help out if I can.. I hope all is going well for you Ann.

--- End quote ---

Seems I've shirked my contribution to this part of the forum.  I apologize.

Bad, the important thing is that your viral load is UD.  The Cd4 count going down could be attributed to a variety of factors, even including the time of day.  Good news on the viral load!

Ann:
Hi BB, I'm doing well, thanks for asking.

Your CD4 hasn't really changed all that much since the beginning of the year. The fluctuations you've experienced really aren't all that significant - your CD4 count has been stable. Keep in mind that the absolute CD4 count can fluctuate by 100 points or more during the course of a single day.

You may want to find out what your CD4% number was like when you were first diagnosed and/or in February - I wouldn't be surprised if this has shown a greater improvement than your absolute CD4 count. Your CD4% has already gone up in your last two tests.

To understand absolute CD4s and CD4%, read the CD4 Cell Test lesson.

The great thing is that you're still undetectable (that 128 result was just a blip) and that's the most important consideration when you're on meds.

Hugs,
Ann
xxx

edited to fix link

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version