HIV Transmission and Testing > Am I Infected?

Hello !! Oral Sex risk

(1/3) > >>

sam1980:
Hi
I think my risk is non existent but just wanted some reassurance, I went to the UK,London and had protected oral sex with a prostitute, there was no breakage in the condom and it seemed okay because i ejaculated in the condom , there was some breast sucking and little fingering involved(10-50 sex max) , there no noticeable cut on my fingers the incident happened  on 10th July i had a HIV duo test negative on 5th Sept,approx 7weeks after the incident, I just want to confirm  that i am not at risk for HIV/or other STD

thanks a lot

Andy Velez:
Sam, you weren't at risk for HIV in this recent incident you are concerned about. Nor was there any need for HIV testing in relation to same. In the entire history of the epidemic there's never been a documented case of transmission from getting a blowjob. And you aren't going to become the first.

There are other STDs out there as you know. They can be more easily transmitted than HIV. In general it's a good idea if you are sexually active to regularly, (at least annually), have a full STD panel done as a regular part of your healthcare.

If you haven't already done so please go to the Welcome thread which is at the beginning of this section and read the lessons on Transmission and Testing. You will find the basics there you need to know about protecting your health. Following those guidelines will allow you to enjoy your sexuality, protect your health and spare you unnecessary worry. 

This time out you have no further cause for concern about HIV. 

Cheers,

sam1980:
Thanks Andy,

sam1980:
So i can take my seven 7 1/2 week test to be conclusive, sorry just being paranoid i guess

Andy Velez:
Yes, you are HIV negative.

By the way, for future reference, the average time to seroconversion is 22 days. All but the very smallest number of those who are going to seroconvert will do so within 4-6 weeks after an exposure to the virus.

You're good to go and get on with your life. Make sure you keep latex condoms handy for everytime you have intercourse.

Cheers,

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version