Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

Need Info on Epzicom and Reyataz

<< < (3/3)

sfpvguy41:
I like reyataz with epzicom because it gets rid of the Norvir boost, which has interactions with many other meds which it also boosts, and causes GI issues and other side effects. Once I got off it my stool is much more normal than before. And it is still once/day. And i save a co pay each month.

jimbalaya:
I just made the switch from Reyataz/Norvir/Truvada to Epzicom/Reyataz (no norvir boost) two days ago, and so far it's been great.  No issues with side effects, and all of my jaundice issues have already gone away.  After 4 months, it's nice to have 'normal' skin and white eyes again!   ;D   My partner/husband keeps telling me that I'm getting vain because I keep looking in the mirror, but I've been avoiding them for four months so I have to make up for lost time.   ;)

Of course the early side-effects (headaches, etc) might not kick in for another day or two....but I'm hopeful.   

ad2san:

--- Quote from: jimbalaya on November 12, 2012, 02:17:29 PM ---Of course the early side-effects (headaches, etc) might not kick in for another day or two....but I'm hopeful.

--- End quote ---

when do you take your meds (morning / evening) ? you might consider switching to counteract the side effect  8)

PS: I am very happy for you that ur jaundice disappeared that fast !

jimbalaya:

--- Quote from: ad2san on November 12, 2012, 02:53:30 PM ---when do you take your meds (morning / evening) ? you might consider switching to counteract the side effect  8)

PS: I am very happy for you that ur jaundice disappeared that fast !

--- End quote ---

I took my last combo (R/T/N) in the evening, but have switched to the AM for this new combo because it seems to be easier, and I don't have to worry about bringing my meds to work with me, just in case I feel like going out to dinner after work, etc.

p.s. Thanks, I'm pretty stoked about it too.

jimbalaya:
Just got back from my latest doc appointment....I'm finally UD (took me 5 months
to get here!) and my CD4's have gone from 406 to 660......I'm so excited!!    ;D

ETA: My bilirubin level is almost normal now, down to 1.4 from a high of 9.6 a couple of months ago.   

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version