Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ssdi appeal question...

<< < (14/14)

mitch777:
Thanks for the post Mike.

An AIDS diagnosis seems to help and NY seems more understanding in many ways as far as SSDI is concerned.

btw, your numbers are looking good! :)

m.

mikejh:
Thanks mitch,

Yes ny is probably one of the best states when it comes to benefits,

I was lucky when I started Atripla, my system responded very well, but in other areas I was not that lucky, have very bad neuropathy in hands, arms, feet and legs tried all kind of medications saw 2 neurologists and 2010 I had to go on heavy pain killers and it just get worse and worse with no return.  I'm also lucky to have a private LTD insurance and they have started to give me problems the last 2 months. Every other day I feel like I should just give up the Meds and let life have his way so I don't have to fight with them.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: mikejh on September 25, 2013, 07:04:46 PM ---Thanks mitch,

Yes ny is probably one of the best states when it comes to benefits,

I was lucky when I started Atripla, my system responded very well, but in other areas I was not that lucky, have very bad neuropathy in hands, arms, feet and legs tried all kind of medications saw 2 neurologists and 2010 I had to go on heavy pain killers and it just get worse and worse with no return.  I'm also lucky to have a private LTD insurance and they have started to give me problems the last 2 months. Every other day I feel like I should just give up the Meds and let life have his way so I don't have to fight with them.

--- End quote ---
I hear your frustration but it's really not worth paying them the attention that you seem to be focusing on.
Your life is about you, not them. Period.
Also sorry about the pain you are dealing with. There are many people here that can relate. Reach out and ask questions. that is what these forums are about. :) (do a few searches on the topic on the forums to learn what others have said. ;).)
hope you get some relief from your pain.

m.

denb45:
Hey Mitch,

just a side note about SSDI

keep in mind that you have to be at least 60% or more disabled for SSDI

unless something has changed, but I don't think it has

good luck

HUGS

DEN

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page