Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ssdi appeal question...

<< < (11/19) > >>

britchick:
mitch777

Im so glad that you are getting the assistance from your doctor re SSDI.I know its a long ,painful process, but you didn't give up ..so well done !

britchickx

mitch777:
Thanks Betty and Darry,

I applied originally in May 2012, turned down in September and appealed, turned down again in March 2013. Filed the appeal to the ALJ in May. The waiting list at the time was approx. 12-13 months so my guess is that I will still be waiting until June or July of 2014.
I think I will get approved but hope the judge doesn't come back with an offer to reduce the back pay. I've heard they do that sometimes. Seems unfair to say "I'll grant your disability if you agree to forget about your back pay". I feel that I've been disabled years prior to even applying. (nobody to blame but me for that I guess)

And Greg and Jeff...
LOL. Never felt better about failing a test. :)
Ya, it's been a long trip down this road and the waiting gets discouraging. I've come to realize the system is designed to weed out people along the way. Just too bad that those who need it get poked with the cattle prod along the way.

Britchick,
Thanks! I'm still not approved but the support along the way means a lot! :)

m.

(I started typing this while all of your replies were still pouring in. Hard to keep up with you all! lol.)

weasel:

Hey Mitch ,
                      I hope the SS Dept. does not do to you what they did
   to me !

I waited over two years to see a Judge , My lawyer worked with me and  The V.A. Doctors were very helpful knowing all of my issues .
 In the end it turns out it was almost like they wanted me to so broke that I would BEG them for me SSDI .
   I was told :  "  Give up all back pay or face the Judge and one  wrong word and you are done !  "
   I sat there and cried . There was no option , I do not Gamble ! And that was
 a hard thing to hear from my lawyer . In the long run I did right , I went as long as I could before applying for SSDI  and IF I had waited any longer would have been in a pickle  :-[
  I have a few tips I will share next time we talk  ;)

Weasel 

mitch777:

--- Quote from: weasel on September 20, 2013, 02:25:43 PM ---    Hey Mitch ,
                      I hope the SS Dept. does not do to you what they did
   to me !

I waited over two years to see a Judge , My lawyer worked with me and  The V.A. Doctors were very helpful knowing all of my issues .
 In the end it turns out it was almost like they wanted me to so broke that I would BEG them for me SSDI .
   I was told :  "  Give up all back pay or face the Judge and one  wrong word and you are done !  "
   I sat there and cried . There was no option , I do not Gamble ! And that was
 a hard thing to hear from my lawyer . In the long run I did right , I went as long as I could before applying for SSDI  and IF I had waited any longer would have been in a pickle  :-[
  I have a few tips I will share next time we talk  ;)

Weasel

--- End quote ---

yup. It's been a long haul. I'm going to be pissed if they try to pull that "give up your back pay" crap. I would like to hear from others that had that happen and how they made out... or not.
Wonder what options you really have if that is presented.

weasel:

"  Wonder what options you really have if that is presented. "

None in Missouri !   

Best of luck in being Non-functioning  :)

Weasel

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version