Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ssdi appeal question...

<< < (5/20) > >>

synergyhomepage:

My ID Doc has had his hands full, when a came to him just under a year ago my CD4 was 2 yep two, of course there is a small margin of error in that number and my VL was 1.7 Million.  I had 3 different OI's and we are still working on the basics here.  Currently have a CD4 of 158 and VL is about 60.  Just changed meds, and after a month no change, going to check it again in 2 months and see if I am UD. 

I'll be 43 this year
In Oregon I applied (online by myself) was denied
Applied for reconsideration (online by myself) was denied
Got an attorney and applied for a hearing with an ALJ.

My age it the biggest thing against me, if I were 55, I would have been approved on the first go round my attorney said.  Having AIDS has classified my case as a TERI (terminal illness) and is bieng processed and handled as fast as they can.  Which isn't fast but fasteter by far than normal.  I started the process in April of Last year and will have my hearing in April of this year. 

mitch777:

--- Quote from: synergyhomepage on January 18, 2013, 09:49:51 PM ---
My ID Doc has had his hands full, when a came to him just under a year ago my CD4 was 2 yep two, of course there is a small margin of error in that number and my VL was 1.7 Million.  I had 3 different OI's and we are still working on the basics here.  Currently have a CD4 of 158 and VL is about 60.  Just changed meds, and after a month no change, going to check it again in 2 months and see if I am UD. 

I'll be 43 this year
In Oregon I applied (online by myself) was denied
Applied for reconsideration (online by myself) was denied
Got an attorney and applied for a hearing with an ALJ.

My age it the biggest thing against me, if I were 55, I would have been approved on the first go round my attorney said.  Having AIDS has classified my case as a TERI (terminal illness) and is bieng processed and handled as fast as they can.  Which isn't fast but fasteter by far than normal.  I started the process in April of Last year and will have my hearing in April of this year.

--- End quote ---

wow. 2 eh?
looks like your numbers are looking alot better! :)
sometimes it takes awhile for cd4 counts to rebound.
sounds like the timing of our cases isn't too different.

please keep me/us up to date with your progress and best of luck to you as well!

mitch777:
The sad update...

Just picked up the mail this morning to find another rejection letter from the SSA in regards to my disability claim. :( >:(

They acknowledge that I am partially disabled and am not able to return to work at my previous job.
Here is their description of what they think I am capable of:

"we have determined that you can perform work at the light level of exertion - lifting 10 lbs frequently and standing/walking 6 hours in an 8 hour workday - that is easy to learn and does not require complex tasks or frequent contact with others."

hmmm.... ::)

I am bummed out.
I am not giving up and will continue to appeal to a judge. (round 3)

The waiting list in CT (the last time I looked) was 12-13 months from where I am now to the point of a hearing. :(
The upside to waiting that long is that I will be 55 years old on 3/21/14 and they have different standards for us old people in regards to their expectations of finding new work.

While I am upset with today's news, it didn't surprise me.
Few people get accepted during the first appeal but the statistics show that the majority who get to the hearing stage win their case.

A VERY slow and frustrating process.
Ugh!

Jeff G:
Mitch , I'm sorry you are getting to run around ... its tough buddy .

britchick:
I sometimes think the system wants us to give up.Im so glad that you  will keep fighting.I had a 8 to 9 month battle re DLA here in the UK.

Im thinking of you and please keep up that fight

Britchick xx

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version