Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ssdi appeal question...

<< < (4/20) > >>

synergyhomepage:
This site has been most helpful and informative.  http://ssdfacts.com/ 8)

scotty54:
Sit tight and hang in there.  I read that the stats go up quite positively on the second appeal.  I know the stress is a bitch.  It took me a little over a year and had very supportive docs.  Best---

mitch777:

--- Quote from: synergyhomepage on December 14, 2012, 09:06:20 PM ---This site has been most helpful and informative.  http://ssdfacts.com/ 8)

--- End quote ---

sorry for such a very sluggish reply Scotty and Syn!
kinda blocked this thread out of my mind to ease the stress involved.
thanks for the kind words and support.

Syn, the link you provided is AMAZING!
ton's of stats that can provide a great overview of acceptance rates and very specific as well.
need to study it further and discuss with my lawyer.

Just filled out the same lenghthy 8 page detail oriented questionaire that I originally filled out on the initial attempt for SSDI.
Ugh!
New issues to add since last May, so am keeping my fingers crossed that it goes through this time.
I am feeling pretty beat these days and it gets exhausting jumping through these hoops. :(

Thanks again!
m.

synergyhomepage:
Mitch

Glad it helped.  I've been going thru this for over a year and learn little things hear and there,  the greatest of which is medical evidence.  I to have neuropathy in my arms and legs, have been talking to my ID Doc about it and to my PCP, but finally realized i should see a neurologist for proper documentation.  Called my PCP and asked for a referral. Hoping it happens soon as my hearing is in 3 months. 

Question, you said that your numbers are good, but have you ever dropped below the magic number of 200 and been classified as Aids?  Would be great if you have not, but it would make meeting the listing requirements easier. 

BTW- I appreciate your normal headedness (is that a word) hear on the forums.  With so much yelling and screaming going one occasionally it is nice to see some just take it in stride and live to survive :)  Best of luck.

mitch777:

--- Quote from: synergyhomepage on January 18, 2013, 08:59:12 PM ---Mitch

Glad it helped.  I've been going thru this for over a year and learn little things hear and there,  the greatest of which is medical evidence.  I to have neuropathy in my arms and legs, have been talking to my ID Doc about it and to my PCP, but finally realized i should see a neurologist for proper documentation.  Called my PCP and asked for a referral. Hoping it happens soon as my hearing is in 3 months. 

Question, you said that your numbers are good, but have you ever dropped below the magic number of 200 and been classified as Aids?  Would be great if you have not, but it would make meeting the listing requirements easier. 

BTW- I appreciate your normal headedness (is that a word) hear on the forums.  With so much yelling and screaming going one occasionally it is nice to see some just take it in stride and live to survive :)  Best of luck.

--- End quote ---

Geez,
i'm surprised that your ID doc couldn't produce medical evidence.
So, you are on round 3?
Your 1st appeal was denied?
Any different reason for denial on the second go round?
Sorry for all of the questions.
I hope this works out for you!

fortunately, on your question on the cd4 count, i think the lowest i was ever recorded was around 250.
that was about 18 years ago. been pretty steady in the 500-700 count range for years with undetectable viral load.

just being + for 30 years and a couple of decades of pill popping to control the bugger can take a toll that the "numbers" don't reflect. :(
it's real. it is impossible to prove fatigue via a blood test. it's difficult to prove most of my issues.
my biggest hope is because i added a psychiatrist since the original filing and she is completely supportive.

thank you for your kind words.
you seem pretty normal headedness too! :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version