Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ssdi appeal question...

<< < (21/24) > >>

mitch777:
So, I found out who my judge is going to be. I checked out his % of approvals and he has the lowest by far. Only 22%! The national average is 44%. Getting more anxious.

I did finish my letter and sent it to my attorney. She liked it and thought it was well written. Also been watching a few youtube videos about ALJ hearings that have been helpful. About 8 weeks to go.

Jeff G:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on September 13, 2014, 03:58:02 PM ---So, I found out who my judge is going to be. I checked out his % of approvals and he has the lowest by far. Only 22%! The national average is 44%. Getting more anxious.

I did finish my letter and sent it to my attorney. She liked it and thought it was well written. Also been watching a few youtube videos about ALJ hearings that have been helpful. About 8 weeks to go.

--- End quote ---

You have so many valid issue documented I can't imagine you being denied . I know its nerve wracking all the same .

mitch777:

--- Quote from: Jeff G on September 13, 2014, 09:03:23 PM ---You have so many valid issue documented I can't imagine you being denied . I know its nerve wracking all the same .

--- End quote ---

Objective "proof" is pretty slim I think. If I get turned down at this point I will feel crushed. It's kind of hard to focus for me when I am feeling so stressed. I know I have zero chance of ever working again. It's beyond nerve racking. I'm bushed, I'm angry at this system for raking me over the coals, and with everything else going on in my life the added pressure of a hearing is, well, it sucks. I feel like a sick circus poodle jumping through the hoops for a "treat" that I should be entitled to at this point in my life.

Since1993:

--- Quote from: mitch777 on September 13, 2014, 03:58:02 PM ---So, I found out who my judge is going to be. I checked out his % of approvals and he has the lowest by far. Only 22%! The national average is 44%. Getting more anxious.
--- End quote ---

Unfavorable
Favorable
Partially-Favorable

Did the statistic you found separate the three different types of findings?  Favorable and Partially-Favorable are approvals.

Anyway, it is futile to assign ALJ approval ratings to your disability claim because medical evidence of record and your functional ability to earn at least $1070 monthly is what will ultimately decide your approval or denial.  If the Vocational Expert at the hearing states there are no jobs in the national economy you can perform, it will largely improve your chances.  Detailed medical evidence of your diminished Residual Functional Capacity assists the ALJ and Vocational Expert to make the correct decision.  You are likely in later stages of the 5-step Sequential Evaluation Process and if you are approved, it will likely be based on vocational allowance. 

Statistically speaking, your chances of being approved on appeal vs. initial determination are significantly higher.  Keep going to your physicians appointment, keep taking your medications and stay proactive in your disability claim by checking at least monthly on the status of how things are progressing.

The process is long and pain-staking, but knowing you have an attorney should lessen your anxiety because if an attorney took your case, there is a very high probability you will win.  Sometimes you just have to let go and allow the process to unfold, understanding you've given due diligence.  Positive-thinking yields positive results.

Wishing you a positive result!

zach:
good progress on the letter. and when you speak, come from the heart, you'll nail it man. it is so messed up that the nature of the beast is you don't actually fight the system until you're sickest and weakest. the cards are stacked from the start against.

good luck man, really, i want to see it work out

me, one more month of the waiting period, transitioning from SSI to SSD, losing medicaid, and medicare won't kick in for an additional year. worried there

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version