Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Insurance, Benefits Programs & HIV

ADAP Watch List Updates September 2012

<< < (3/3)

gadawg1979:
I have wrote thank you emails in GA.  As someone who has a private insurance I still depend on ADAP to cover the 700 a month that my insurance does not cover. 

leatherman:

--- Quote from: gadawg1979 on October 17, 2012, 01:52:47 AM ---I have wrote thank you emails in GA.  As someone who has a private insurance I still depend on ADAP to cover the 700 a month that my insurance does not cover.

--- End quote ---

That's great G-Dawg!

Being part of the task force in SC that advocated for ADAP funding, I believe that things like that (thanking the folks) helps keep up the morale of workers who often fight hard to make our ungainly and unhelpful systems work. Do you know if there's any organization in GA that is advocating for ADAP funding? Like an ASO or a statewide Task Force? You might want to offer to help them out some.

At a special breakfast meeting, our task force members signed 100's of thank you card back in April and then a group hand-delivered them to state Legislators thanking them for passing a budget, against the Governor's veto, that adequately funded ADAP for 4 yrs. We got a lot of positive response back from many Legislators. Now we're hoping to parlay that positivity into getting our Legislators to override the Governor again and approve Medicaid Expansion and an Insurance Exchange in our state.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version