Main Forums > I Just Tested Poz

Tested + last week, really need some guidance on this...

<< < (3/7) > >>

lincoln6echo:
Thanks Space...

I have an appt with my Dr to talk about the results tomorrow.

BTW, for the past two days i'm noticing a lot more hair shedding in the shower.
I just ran my hands threw my hair and more comes off now than i've ever noticed.
Took a white towel and scrunched my hair and the same thing...

Is hair loss a result of sercoconversion? Is there a chance with my immune system being so low I'll start loosing a lot of hair?

spacebarsux:

--- Quote from: lincoln6echo on September 07, 2012, 01:30:24 PM ---Is hair loss a result of sercoconversion? Is there a chance with my immune system being so low I'll start loosing a lot of hair?

--- End quote ---

Seroconversion has very unspecific symptoms.

Do try to keep as calm as is possible.  I know it's hard. But do try. You really will get through this buddy.

Millions of others did.  :)

PS- Hair loss isn't a common manifestation of seroconversion as far as I know.

jimbalaya:

--- Quote from: lincoln6echo on September 07, 2012, 01:30:24 PM ---Thanks Space...

I have an appt with my Dr to talk about the results tomorrow.

BTW, for the past two days i'm noticing a lot more hair shedding in the shower.
I just ran my hands threw my hair and more comes off now than i've ever noticed.
Took a white towel and scrunched my hair and the same thing...

Is hair loss a result of sercoconversion? Is there a chance with my immune system being so low I'll start loosing a lot of hair?

--- End quote ---

My partner had a very rough seroconversion...fevers for 5 weeks, viral load in the millions, and yes a lot of his hair fell out, even months later it was falling out.  Our Dr. said that this does happen sometimes, and just to shave your head and it will come back.....so he did (down to a number 1), and it has been coming back.    ;)

mecch:
Make a list of all the symptoms and fears that worry you.  Keep the sentences short.  Tell your doctor tomorrow you have a list and ask him if there is time to respond to some of them. My first ID would take the time to answer a number of them each time I saw him.  Of course he didn't want to indulge any OCD tendencies on my part.  And every ID has a time limit for each patient.  But your doc will probably answer quite a few. 
Put them down in writing on your computer or on a piece of paper.  Questions he doesn't answer, you ask them here.  When you put them down, that will help to keep these worries and questions from circulating non stop in your head.  You can ask them here and ask them to your doc and you'll get answers.  Knowledge usually helps lesson the anxiety.  Don't go looking all that much for really technical stuff about HIV infection, in open searches, on the Internet.  But do read the lessons on this site.   Only go looking on the Internet if you don't get clarification here or from your doctor. 
The biggest immediate battle is dealing with the shock and waiting for the new normal to kick in.  That might take some time.  Call your brain doctor and make sure he/she knows the news.  Get the appropriate sleeping pill if you can't sleep.  Consider temporary use of anti-anxiety or anti-depression pills if you find you have ruminative thoughts.  Key goal is to continue life as normal while your identity settles into it all. 

Ann:
Any shock to the system can cause temporary hair-loss. Primary hiv is a shock to the system and for some people, it's a rather big shock emotionally as well as physically. Try to not worry about it too much (the stress of worrying about it certainly won't help) and it should start growing back in time.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version