POZ magazine
Newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr Instagram
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 23, 2014, 09:29:35 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 646946
  • Total Topics: 49285
  • Online Today: 167
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Welcome to Am I Infected

IMPORTANT UPDATE
Posted Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Welcome to the "Am I Infected?" POZ forum.

New members -- those who have posted three or fewer messages -- are permitted to post questions and responses, free of charge (make them count!). Ongoing participation in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- posting more than three questions or responses -- requires a paid subscription.

A seven-day subscription is $9.99, a 30-day subscription is $14.99 and a 90-day subscription is $24.99.

Anyone who needs to post more than three messages in the "Am I Infected?" forum -- including past, present and future POZ Forums members -- will need to subscribe, with secure payments made via PayPal.

There will be no charge to continue reading threads in the "Am I Infected?" forum, nor will there be a charge for participating in any of the Main Forums; Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits; and Off Topic Forums. Similarly, all POZ and AIDSmeds pages, including our "How is HIV Transmitted?" and "Am I Infected? (A Guide to Testing for HIV)" lessons, will remain accessible to all. 

NOTE: HIV testing questions will still need to be posted in the "Am I Infected?" forum; attempts to post HIV symptoms or testing questions in any other forums will be considered violations of our rules of membership and subject to time-outs and permanent bans.

To learn how to upgrade your Forums account to participate beyond three posts in the "Am I Infected?" Forum, please click here.

Thank you for your understanding and future support of the best online support service for people living with, affected by and at risk for HIV.

Author Topic: Strange Urinal Incident  (Read 3221 times)

Offline captainkrunch1990

Strange Urinal Incident
« on: September 04, 2012, 08:01:50 PM »
A man who has HIV used the Urinal at a restroom. He actually does have HIV. I went to use the same urinal as he did. I am not tall, and my penis was close to the urinal. The urinal also have a rubber guard at the bottom of the bowl/hole area. The urinal did have a little liquid and/or urine (with perhaps blood and/or preejaculate fluid) floatting on the base. However the amount was small, if much.

As stated I went to use the same urinal as he did. The stream on pee was a little fast/force. The stream hit the rubber guard (perhaps the middle of the guard) that had left over urine of the man with HIV. I then saw that my penis head had some urine on it. I am now worried if some of his urine splashed on top of my penis. I am uncircumsized. I tried to clean it with tissue but I am afraid I may have made worse. I worried that while to clean it I may have gotten some of fluids/urine on under the foreskin. The trapping the virus underforeskin. Or accidently inside pee hole while cleaning myself.

I know this sounds weird. But I am sorry. I also worried some of his urine may have cotained preejaculate fluid/semen or something else that might carry the virus.

About five days after the incident I began to feel strange. It felt like I was losing my voice. It must have been a mild sore throat. My co-worker thought I was sick. My temperature was around at 97.6 at about 3 days after incident. When my throat issue came up it was around 98.3. Around 8 days after incident it was around 98.7 - 98.8. At about 8 or 9th days after incident I was checking my temperature through out the day. At one point it reached 99.0, it was at approximately 6 pm. An hour later it was at abouty 98.9.

However, on 9/3/12, About 10 days after the incident I noticed a rash. It is very small. If it was in a sqare it, would be a sqare 2 x2 inches in area, from one corner to another, it like a triangle. Rash would be in that triangle area. I hope that help to show you how big it is. It is located in my back around my shoulder blade.
My temperature now is about 98.5. My normal temp is 97.5. That means when i was at 99.0 it was a fever.

I have links to pictures of rash:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/dc76b234.png

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/842f755f.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/8737b891.jpg

I do know that liquid did splash back while I was urinating on the urinal. and hit my penis. Could that infect me? How about what I did afterword to clean myself? did that cause problems? I am worried he did not just leave behind urine (but also preejacute fluid, semen, blood from bad kidney). I am serious. and serious responses only.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
Re: Strange Urinal Incident
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2012, 08:18:03 PM »
I truly hope that you can use this site to educate yourself about HIV transmission.

You will, under NO CIRCUMSTANCES, get HIV from your friend's excretory fluids.

The only way you can get HIV from your friend's semen is if it is deposited inside your rectum. And even then, things like viral load make this an iffy proposition.

HIV is an extremely fragile virus, and cannot remain viable in the environment. There is absolutely NO REASON to avoid using the same urinal, the same toilet, drinking from the same cup, eating a bite off of his fork, or any other non sexual activity.

HIV requires an anaerobic environment, one without oxygen, in order to maintain it's fragile outer shell. Other factors like temperature and pH also act quickly to dissolve that shell.

Simply put, the man could have ejaculated all over your body and you would not be at risk.

Again, please avail yourself of the lessons section here, and as you educate yourself, feel free to educate others. We can end ignorance and stigma regarding HIV together.

PS: As only a few people are allowed to post replies in this section of the forums, you will receive only approved, "serious" answers. I submit the fact that you were concerned otherwise says that you know, intellectually, that your situation is not an HIV concern.

"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2012, 01:09:57 AM »
Thanks for the Reply.

It was not that much of time between he going to the urinal to piss before I used it. I do know that I had a spash back. I have been reading and discovered that some people also urinate with traces of blood, which would contain HIV in this case. Since HE is positive.

The splash back hit my foreskin, for sure. I tried to clean my self afterward but I may have gotten some liquid that splash on me underneath my foreskin and INSIDE my urethra when I stupidly tried to clean myself. Please also take it that some of the liquid that splash back at me hit my urethra directly. I know this is weird, but I am sorry.

I forgot to mention that the day after the incident I felt a slight itch on my penis head. It has not come back. I know that is not ARS. But I am afraid I might have caught something, if so WHAT ELSE.

My symptoms after the incident are as I stated above: That being:

About five days after the incident I began to feel strange. It felt like I was losing my voice. It must have been a mild sore throat. My co-worker thought I was sick. My temperature was around at 97.6 at about 3 days after incident. When my throat issue came up it was around 98.3. Around 8 days after incident it was around 98.7 - 98.8. At about 8 or 9th days after incident I was checking my temperature through out the day. At one point it reached 99.0, it was at approximately 6 pm. An hour later it was at abouty 98.9.

However, on 9/3/12, About 10 days after the incident I noticed a rash. It is very small. If it was in a sqare it, would be a sqare 2 x2 inches in area, from one corner to another, it like a triangle. Rash would be in that triangle area. I hope that help to show you how big it is. It is located in my back around my shoulder blade.

My temperature now is about 98.5. My normal temp is 97.5. That means when i was at 99.0 it was a fever (on about 8 or 9th day). On about the 8 or 9th day (when I was at 99.0) I also had a very slight diarhea. It was a slight upset after I ate and poop was very soft, twice that night. Today poop was soft, but it was okay. Not sure if diareah.

I have links to pictures of MY rash:

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/dc76b234.png

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/842f755f.jpg

http://i1070.photobucket.com/albums/u494/captainkrunch1990/8737b891.jpg

OH WHEN I USE THE LIQUID SPLASH BACK ON ME IS BECAUSE IT WAS URINE, but it might contain blood and/or preejaculate fluid.

Do my symptoms sound like ARS? Does my rash look like the ARS rash?

Thanks jkinatl2 and Ann.

Offline jkinatl2

• Doo. Dah. Dipp-ity.
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2012, 02:24:59 AM »
You will note I ignored your List of symptoms. Symptoms mean nothing when determining HIV risk and I will not address them here.

I thought I had thoroughly answered your question. Nothing in that urinal could infect you with HIV. Not even if it splashed into your eyes, on your urethra, or dune your throat. As a matter of fact, we're you to get down on your knees and greedily slurp each and every half congealed gobbet of man - gravy mixed with the most pungent, asparagus and coffee- infused urine, there would be absolutely no risk for HIV. 

I am unsure how to make this more clear.
"Many people, especially in the gay community, turn to oral sex as a safer alternative in the age of AIDS. And with HIV rates rising, people need to remember that oral sex is safer sex. It's a reasonable alternative."

-Kimberly Page-Shafer, PhD, MPH

Welcome Thread

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2012, 07:16:00 AM »
Krunchie,

As Jonathan has told you, you were ABSOLUTELY NOT AT RISK when you got splash-back on your dick. If hiv were as easily transmitted as you are imagining, nearly everyone in the world would be hiv positive by now. News flash - they're not.

You know what else? You're not going to get ANY STI from urinal splash-back. You're not going to get any STI from toilet seats either. People who claim otherwise are deluded liars.

HIV is an extremely fragile virus, and cannot remain viable in the environment. There is absolutely NO REASON to avoid using the same urinal, the same toilet, drinking from the same cup, eating a bite off of his fork, or any other non sexual activity.

HIV requires an anaerobic environment, one without oxygen, in order to maintain it's fragile outer shell. Other factors like temperature and pH also act quickly to dissolve that shell.

What Jonathan wrote above is very important. The outer shell he speaks of has "plugs" that it uses to dock onto a very few, very specific types of cells that have the correct sockets that hiv can plug into, thereby infecting that cell. When hiv's shell is damaged in any way (and it happens very easily and quickly), it can no longer plug into these cells and infect.

Also, these very few, very specific types of cells are NOT found on the surface of the skin, not even the skin on your penis. As Jonathan said, a poz guy could cum all over your body and you would NOT be a risk. Not even using a poz guy's cum as lube for masturbation is a risk.

Now if you'd come up behind this guy while he as having a pee and stuck your dick into his ass, then you might have a problem. Or if he fucked you after his pee and shot a load of cum into your ass. But that's not what happened - not even close.

In adults, hiv is transmitted through unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse and through sharing drug injecting equipment. AND THAT'S IT!

Here's what you need to know in order to avoid hiv infection:

You need to be using condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, every time, no exceptions until such time as you are in a securely monogamous relationship where you have both tested for ALL sexually transmitted infections together.

To agree to have unprotected intercourse is to consent to the possibility of being infected with an STI. Sex without a condom lasts only a matter of minutes, but hiv is forever.

Have a look through the condom and lube links in my signature line so you can use condoms with confidence.

ALTHOUGH YOU DO NOT NEED TO TEST SPECIFICALLY OVER URINAL SPLASH-BACK, anyone who is sexually active should be having a full sexual health care check-up, including but not limited to hiv testing, at least once a year and more often if unprotected intercourse occurs.

If you aren't already having regular, routine check-ups, now is the time to start. As long as you make sure condoms are being used for intercourse, you can fully expect your routine hiv tests to return with negative results.

Don't forget to always get checked for all the other sexually transmitted infections as well, because they are MUCH easier to transmit than hiv. Some of the other STIs can be present with no obvious symptoms, so the only way to know for sure is to test.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. It really is that simple!

Ann
« Last Edit: September 05, 2012, 07:17:57 AM by Ann »
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2012, 08:57:52 AM »
Ann,

Did you read my whole thread from the beginning?
Did you read about my symptoms?

I was hopping one of you would comment on symptoms. I have read your previous comments on other threads and sometimes you comment  on it, so I hopping you would comment on my symptoms.

I have included photos. Did you see them?? I have a little nightsweats as well. Please comment on symptoms and read whole thread. I am knew to this.

Offline Ann

• Administrator
  • It just is, OK?
    • Num is sum qui mentiar tibi?
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2012, 09:03:38 AM »
Krunchie,

Neither symptoms nor the lack of symptoms will ever tell you a single thing about your hiv status. ONLY testing will. For this reason, we do NOT discuss symptoms here so you're wasting your time and ours when you go on and on about symptoms.

Yes, I read your entire posts. Yes, I saw your photos. Nobody can diagnose your rash over the internet. If you're worried about it, go see a doctor.

The important thing where your situation is concerned is that YOU DID NOT HAVE A RISK. Unless you've been having unprotected anal or vaginal intercourse you neglected to tell us about, you're worrying for no reason.

Use condoms for anal or vaginal intercourse, correctly and consistently, and you will avoid hiv infection. IT REALLY IS THAT SIMPLE!!!

Ann
Condoms are a girl's best friend

Condom and Lube Info  

"...health will finally be seen not as a blessing to be wished for, but as a human right to be fought for." Kofi Annan

Nymphomaniac: a woman as obsessed with sex as an average man. Mignon McLaughlin

HIV is certainly character-building. It's made me see all of the shallow things we cling to, like ego and vanity. Of course, I'd rather have a few more T-cells and a little less character. Randy Shilts

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.