Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Questions About Treatment & Side Effects

STRIBILD - A NEW 1 PILL DRUG side effects

(1/12) > >>

gooodman:
I would love to here from people who actually tested this new drug. Did you have farts issue like from Complera? Or severe diarrhea? Sleeping problem? Please, help me - I am so badly suffering from Complera..
Aug. 28, 2012 -- The FDA has approved Stribild, the much anticipated once-daily "quad" HIV pill from Gilead Sciences.

The drug combines same two HIV drugs in Truvada, plus elvitegravir, a new HIV drug that attacks HIV in a different way. The fourth component, also new, boosts elvitegravir.

It's the third all-in-one, once-a-day HIV pill. The others are Atripla from Gilead and Bristol Myers, approved in 2006, and Complera from Gilead and Janssen, approved in 2011.

"Over the past decade, co-formulated HIV medicines have simplified therapy for many patients and have become standard of care," Paul Sax, MD, of Brigham and Women's Hospital, says in a Gilead news release.

Stribild is intended for people who have never taken HIV drugs. It should be taken with food.

Stribild carries a "black box" safety warning. In rare cases, the drug causes a buildup of lactic acid in the blood. It can also cause severe liver problems. Both of these side effects can be deadly.

More common side effects include nausea and diarrhea.[/size]

Pozitively Moving Forward:

madbrain:

--- Quote from: Pozitively Moving Forward on September 10, 2012, 06:06:00 PM ---Hey there gooodman,
I am currently on a double blind clinical trial for Stribild (Quad) and 'Quad2'. 

--- End quote ---

Doesn't that mean you don't know which med you are on ?
Is it Stribild or is it "Quad2" ?

Your list of side effects seems quite long. Are you sure they are all attributable to the meds ?

If I were you, I would switch to taking it in the evening, I think it might help with your nausea. In my experience with Truvada+Isentress, the med side effects is worse in the morning and/or on empty stomach.
Stribild is supposed to be fairly similar to Truvada+Isentress, at least the drugs are in the same class, and there is a 4th med to extend the half-life of one drug so it can be a once-a-day pill. I take my Truvada+Isentress once-a-day at night though, and all is fine.

Pozitively Moving Forward:

Jonnyb:
Hi guys i am new to the forum. I havent been in the clinical trials but i am on day 5 of taking stribild for tge first time (or any hiv med for that matter). I have noticed tgat i am a little more gasy but only a little more. The same with acid reflux. But i am very naucious. I havent thrown up yet but i also havent exactly left the house in a couole of days and yesterday and today i woke up much earlier then usual really naucious. Is anyone else experiencing these side effects? I have never been on antiretroviral treatment before. I heard the first month can be very nausciating so is that what this is? I definately feel like its a little debillitating. Ant info would be appreciated. Thanks everyone!!!

Jonny b

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version