POZ magazine
E-newsletters
Join POZ: Facebook MySpace Twitter Pinterest
Tumblr Google+ Flickr MySpace
POZ Personals
Sign In / Join
Username:
Password:
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 30, 2014, 03:14:47 AM

Login with username, password and session length

Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 640554
  • Total Topics: 48651
  • Online Today: 180
  • Online Ever: 585
  • (January 07, 2014, 02:31:47 PM)
Users Online
Users: 2
Guests: 115
Total: 117

Welcome

Welcome to the POZ/AIDSmeds Community Forums, a round-the-clock discussion area for people with HIV/AIDS, their friends/family/caregivers, and others concerned about HIV/AIDS.  Click on the links below to browse our various forums; scroll down for a glance at the most recent posts; or join in the conversation yourself by registering on the left side of this page.

Privacy Warning:  Please realize that these forums are open to all, and are fully searchable via Google and other search engines. If you are HIV positive and disclose this in our forums, then it is almost the same thing as telling the whole world (or at least the World Wide Web). If this concerns you, then do not use a username or avatar that are self-identifying in any way. We do not allow the deletion of anything you post in these forums, so think before you post.

• The information shared in these forums, by moderators and members, is designed to complement, not replace, the relationship between an individual and his/her own physician.

• All members of these forums are, by default, not considered to be licensed medical providers. If otherwise, users must clearly define themselves as such.

• Forums members must behave at all times with respect and honesty. Posting guidelines, including time-out and banning policies, have been established by the moderators of these forums. Click here for “Am I Infected?” posting guidelines. Click here for posting guidelines pertaining to all other POZ/AIDSmeds community forums.

• We ask all forums members to provide references for health/medical/scientific information they provide, when it is not a personal experience being discussed. Please provide hyperlinks with full URLs or full citations of published works not available via the Internet. Additionally, all forums members must post information which are true and correct to their knowledge.

• Product advertisement—including links; banners; editorial content; and clinical trial, study or survey participation—is strictly prohibited by forums members unless permission has been secured from POZ.

To change forums navigation language settings, click here (members only), Register now

Para cambiar sus preferencias de los foros en español, haz clic aquí (sólo miembros), Regístrate ahora

Finished Reading This? You can collapse this or any other box on this page by clicking the symbol in each box.

Author Topic: 109th Congress.  (Read 1649 times)

Offline Terry

• 7/13/82 Infected
109th Congress.
« on: October 05, 2006, 01:34:52 PM »
 :(

Let’s see what the 109th Congress has handed us.

We now know that Mark Foley is gay.  ???  We know he’s an alcoholic.  ???(Apparently, alcoholism helped cause his gayness) We know a religious person sexually molested him when he was in his early teen years.  ???  (That's questionable, they can not find that person) Not a single page has come forward declaring having sexual contact with Foley, nor anyone being physically touched by him. (Homos not getting any)   :( We can’t find any gay lovers or Ex-lovers anywhere, present or past. (He lives alone, I think).  :( Etc. Etc. Etc.

I find that Foley is the Republican Conservatives sacrificial lamb. They have tossed him to the wolves so as to spin their propaganda right before mid-tern elections. Gay bashing is Bushes most popular tool to win votes.

If I remember correctly the big story last Friday was suppose to be Bob Woodward's book about George Bush. “In Denial.”

What happened to all the hell-a-bah-lo over that coming out??? Seems no one is talking about  Woodward's book at all. Woodward; who helped bring down the Nixon presidency. “Watergate”  Bush fears Woodward book, which exposes his corruption, and they know that they can’t buy  him off. Nixon couldn’t and Reagan couldn’t. They liked Woodward's last two book ‘s They deny everything in this book. Spin, Spin, and more Spin.

Here is what they don't want you to read.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15103632/site/newsweek/

Here are the the people that always vote without fail.

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/jesus/interviews/land.html

And here is a site on Separation of church and state. We all have our religious believes.
The government should be in the business of telling us what god to believe in.

http://www.au.org/site/PageServer
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:47:24 PM by Terry »

Offline alisenjafi

• They say HIV comes from monkeys!
Re: 109th Congress.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2006, 01:50:41 PM »
 I did hear the fbi found some Barbara Streisand cds and a Judy Garland movie along with a bottle of merlot and a rosary though. Do you think we Americans suffer from Fordism, the inability to walk and chew gum at the same time?
Johnny
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 01:52:53 PM by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
I go about things the wrong way
I am human and I need to be loved
just like everybody else does"
The Smiths

Offline CaptCarl

• Located in the Palinsville subdivision, JesusLand
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2006, 04:00:26 PM »
If the Republicans keep spinning all this stuff, they might as well open a Goddamned laundromat.
The only thing I can do straight is shoot..

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2006, 04:24:15 PM »
Let's talk about the Kennedy's and their problems with alcohol and drugs, should we? I don't think so..

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2006, 04:32:14 PM »
Let's talk about the Kennedy's and their problems with alcohol and drugs, should we? I don't think so..
Are they blaming their substance abuse problems on priests and gays?
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2006, 04:44:35 PM »
No, theirs stems from their grandfather on their father's side. (alcohol smuggling and infidelity) Then later down the line in their family, came alcohol abuse, prescription drug abuse and murder. But we don't need to smear the Kennedy's any further now, do we?

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2006, 05:41:54 PM »
Hey I am in so what did the 109th Congress find on the Kennedy's?
Otherwise it is rather passe, no? Surely you can google some dirt on contemporary democrats, i have.
http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=4500.0
Taking it personally only raises ones  blood pressure!
« Last Edit: October 05, 2006, 05:47:17 PM by alisenjafi »
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2006, 08:06:06 PM »
Al,
  Thanks for providing that link. Even though I tend more towards the Dems than the Reps, I still try to make myself aware of the negative side of any particular issue or candidate. After all, if a person is going to support something, then the need to acknowledge the negative side of their beliefs. And every issue, and every candidate has a negative, not so nice side. No exceptions.
   Rod, I totally agree with you about the Kennedy's. They are just the flip side of the coin in respect to the Bush family. They have way more in common, than they don't. Corruption is a common, recurring theme with both of them. No?

Offline RapidRod

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2006, 11:27:30 PM »
abqcarl, politicians are like lawyers, you can't trust them no matter what political party they are with. ;) That's right most politicians are lawyers, doctors and even closet fags. So who do you  gamble with? I prefer the no sight vote. Close my eyes and start pressing buttons.  :D

Offline CaptCarl

« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2006, 11:45:58 PM »
AMEN BROTHER!!!!

Offline megasept

• Steven here...
To Johnny: Suffering From Fordism, Taylorism, and...
« Reply #10 on: October 06, 2006, 01:36:32 AM »
Johnny writes:

"Do you think we Americans suffer from Fordism, the inability to walk and chew gum at the same time?"

A: America suffers From Fordism and Taylorism with a smidgen of Reaganomics over a medium flame (could get worse).

Bonus Prize to anyone who gets the middle part without pulling down some college textbook or going to Wikpedia.

On second thought, it's not that funny or clever, but if you've read this far you might not agree...

Offline alisenjafi

« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2006, 10:30:10 AM »
I am aware of taylerism as it is the model that Stalin chose from Ford. Talk about 6 degrees of seperation!
"You shut your mouth
how can you say
The Smiths

Offline DingoBoi

• Bailey's Infected Cream™ Served since 2004
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2006, 05:58:15 PM »

Terms of Membership for these forums

© 2014 Smart + Strong. All Rights Reserved.   terms of use and your privacy
Smart + Strong® is a registered trademark of CDM Publishing, LLC.