Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Surgery

<< < (2/3) > >>

Ann:
Mark, I've got everything crossed - including my eyes - so please forgive any tpyos. ;D

I'm so happy for you that everything went well and you've been pain-free. Long may it continue!

I hope the lumps and humps stay away for good. Begone!

(((((((Mark))))))

More hugs,
Ann
xxx

GSOgymrat:
I'm so glad the surgery went well! I hope the hump is gone for good. Keep us posted.

Ford
 :)

scotty54:
Hello all,
I had my hump liposuctioned nearly 2 months ago.  Depressing, but I have seen some return.  Hopefully the fat pad will not be as extensive.  For me I believe the culprits were Zerit/Videx/Retrovir (for nearly 9 yrs).  Also thinking of changing meds from Atripla (since 2006) to possibly more lipo friendly Isentress/Truvada.  Any input from all is a appreciated/current labs VL///undetectable     CD4//about 600.  Been blessed with much subcutaneous fat loss/redistribution for about a decade.  Not making any quick decisions but may consider hump excision.  Also may consider PMMA in future.
May you all be blessed....we are all warriors.

thunter34:
WOW!  I just saw this!  YAY!  Congratulations, Mark!  I'm with Ann...I've got everything crossed.  Well....except my eyes because I can't see to post if I do.

But my legs are crossed, and as you can imagine, that almost never happens.

aztecan:
Thanks all for the well wishes. It has been quite an interesting experience for me.

Hey Scotty,

As it happens, I take Isentress/Truvada. I find in incredibly easy to take.

I am sorry to hear you may have had some regrowth of your fat pad. I also hope it isn't too substantial.

If it comes back, I probably could be OK with the hump, but the lumps on the back of my head were something with which I really had a problem.

Interestingly, that is the area that produced the most pain. The lumps were located right behind my ears, and now that area is very tender.

i am still hopeful I will not see regrowth there.

HUGS,

Mark

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version