Meds, Mind, Body & Benefits > Lipodystrophy & Metabolic Problems

Surgery

(1/3) > >>

aztecan:
I had my hump and the two large lumps on the back of my head removed one week ago today.

The plastic surgeon did it using liposuction. I was lucky and the adipose tissue wasn't too fiberous, and therefore didn't require any excising.

I have experienced very little pain, in fact I only took four pain pills and then used only Naproxen.

So, I am hump free for the first time in years. :)

Now, all I have to do is wait to see if they will grow back. There is a 50-50 chance they will.

Cross your fingers for me.

HUGS,

Mark

WillyWump:
I am beyond ecstatic for you! Cant wait to see some pics of you and your sexy self. ;D

Maybe I've missed a thread or 2 covering this, but why would they potentially grow back? Weren't they a direct result of the early meds such as AZT, etc..? Of which you are not on now?

Congrats Mark!!

-Will

aztecan:
Hey Will,

Good to hear from you!  :)

The potential for them to grow back stems from the mitochondrial damage done at the cellular level.

In my case, I took Crixivan for 11 years, which was most likely the culprit. I also took AZT for 13 years, so, maybe it was also involved.

Anyway, some doctors have the theory that once the damage is done, it is irreversible and the adipose tissue that is deposited will just grow back once removed.

I have known people who have had it done and never had a problem from then on.

Others, well, they saw their bulges return.

I guess I will just have to wait and see.

HUGS,

Mark

frenchpat:
Mark,

I am very happy it worked for you (so far) and hope the effect will be a lasting one. It also encourages me to look into the procedure as the lump I inherited from Zerit is still there even though I dropped the drug years ago.

thanks for keeping us informed

Pat

wolfter:
Great news buddy.  Still waiting on the hot, sexy new photos. ;D

Take care and I hope the recovery is well underway.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version