Main Forums > Someone I Care About Has HIV

Anger in this forum

(1/9) > >>

SurferJosh:
I wanted to start a new thread to discuss the hostility in this forum. It's not fair to the original posters to have their threads highjacked, so let's move the discussion here...

Before joining and posting here, I read and familiarized myself with the forum rules. I restricted myself to this board which I understood to be for partners/family/friends of someone with HIV. The forum guidelines claim that free speech and different opinions are welcome. But it seems like there's some unspoken rules.

denb45:
WTF are you talking about the only unspoken rules seems to be the ones you created for yourself  ::)

Hugs

DEN

drewm:
Josh, the waters here can seem shark-infested at times. There are a lot of reasons for this. Personalities. Opinions. Life-experience. Understanding etc etc. The best advice I can offer is to listen. Listen to those of us carrying this virus and keep that in your mind. Please. I am just over 2 years into this disease, so still an infant when it comes to understanding all of the particulars that go along with it.

The # of years being POZ, or not being POZ for that matter are important. I no longer remember what it was like to be neg. I don't think anymore like someone who is neg. That being said, it's hard for me to relate to that way of thinking. I am simply not there anymore. I find that listening to the FACTS and different OPINIONS regarding this disease and it's effects, mental, physical and so on help with my understanding.

My feelings, emotions and opinions regarding teh AIDS are very real and very much a focus in my life but aside from the FACTS, my opinions are just that...opinions...from someone new to the rodeo. I guess what I am trying to say is that there is a lot of anger on here from time to time, there is also a lot of compassion, learning and understanding. Try to listen and think outside the box. I can tell you the perspective from having this disease is totally different that when I was ignorant* of it.

*not using this as a slam but rather a state of being in regards to myself.

Buckmark:

--- Quote from: SurferJosh on August 15, 2012, 10:23:34 PM ---I wanted to start a new thread to discuss the hostility in this forum. It's not fair to the original posters to have their threads highjacked, so let's move the discussion here...

Before joining and posting here, I read and familiarized myself with the forum rules. I restricted myself to this board which I understood to be for partners/family/friends of someone with HIV. The forum guidelines claim that free speech and different opinions are welcome. But it seems like there's some unspoken rules.

--- End quote ---

Perhaps you would care to speak about these unspoken rules you refer to?  Because, until you do, they remain... well... unspoken.

jkinatl2:
You were offended that people were offended by your inflammatory posts, which are not only hostile to those with HIV but also advised courses of action that could lead to ruin, even physical harm?

How very dare you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version