hiv+ for 30 years or more?

<< < (16/18) > >>

weasel:

1982 .

Not a happy affair  . 

I denied  it for years  :-X

Weasel 

aztecan:
I actually didn't test positive until 1985.

But, I contracted viral meningitis in 1980 from an unknown source, shortly after spending time with a delightful young man who had recently fell ill with what he described with the flu.

Except it was early summer.

My first doctor thinks I was probably infected at that time, but, of course, no proof.

Even so, at least I have 28 years to which I can attest.:)

HUGS,

Mark

mitch777:

--- Quote from: aztecan on July 17, 2013, 07:17:03 PM ---I actually didn't test positive until 1985.

But, I contracted viral meningitis in 1980 from an unknown source, shortly after spending time with a delightful young man who had recently fell ill with what he described with the flu.

Except it was early summer.

My first doctor thinks I was probably infected at that time, but, of course, no proof.

Even so, at least I have 28 years to which I can attest.:)

HUGS,

Mark

--- End quote ---
This is pretty suspicious. ??? Sounds most likely that it was 1980. There were no tests available prior to 1985 was there?

wolfter:
I didn't think the test was available until 86 with it being routinely available until 87.  But this again, this old AIDS brain doesn't quite function normally.

I'll never be sure as I don't recall ever going through seroconversion.  The only time I remember ever being deathly sick was my Junior year of high school...ikes.  But I believe it was a pretty slutty night on my birthday during college.  School had ended for the summer and I turned 21...time to party....and regret. :(

Edited for clarification as I rec'd a message with the following.

http://kff.org/hivaids/fact-sheet/hiv-testing-in-the-united-states/

1985:   First test for HIV licensed (ELISA)
1987:   First Western Blot blood test kit
1992:   First rapid test
1994:   First oral fluid test
1996:   First home and urine tests
2002:   First rapid test using finger prick

fscerra:
Celebrating my 23rd anniversary this month ..... diagnosed  8) CDC defined aids for 2 years now .... latest t cell count 96 ..... VL 300 .... previous count t cell 104 .... VL undetectable .... tests repeated yesterday to see if there has been any improvement or if a regimen change is in order .... had a URI that was near to becoming pneumonia .... on antibiotics for that .... feeling better today .... looking forward to the next 23 years ..... 8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version