Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

hiv+ for 30 years or more?

<< < (15/18) > >>

maxsa:
OH,my god......30 years!!!!!! I am from China, MY doctors told me I will die 10 years later :(

Ann:

--- Quote from: maxsa on June 05, 2013, 11:32:54 PM ---OH,my god......30 years!!!!!! I am from China, MY doctors told me I will die 10 years later :(

--- End quote ---

Maxsa, I understand that you meant well, but as someone recently diagnosed you are NOT permitted to post in the Long Term Survivors forum. This forum is ONLY for people diagnosed before 1996.

Please do not post in this section of the forums again. You may read the threads here, but do not post. Thank you for your cooperation.

Ann

LetsKickASS:
I seroconverted in 1983 so that make 2013 thirty years. I only figured it out in hindsight. I was dating a hunky 6' 4" guy with whom I swapped bodily fluids who suddenly lost 30 pounds in two months then died. (I didn't know what from then. He just said he has "picked up some thing while traveling.) It was while I was dating him that was sick with the symptoms of seroconverstion. I had fevers, enlarged nodes, exhaustion, headaches, etc. It is very clear to me that that was when I seroconverted. I tested in 1986. So I've been H.I.V.-positive for thirty years now. Have AIDS since 1993. But I'm alive!! (And I'm 54-years-old now.)

mitch777:

--- Quote from: LetsKickASS on June 06, 2013, 07:41:31 PM ---I seroconverted in 1983 so that make 2013 thirty years. I only figured it out in hindsight. I was dating a hunky 6' 4" guy with whom I swapped bodily fluids who suddenly lost 30 pounds in two months then died. (I didn't know what from then. He just said he has "picked up some thing while traveling.) It was while I was dating him that was sick with the symptoms of seroconverstion. I had fevers, enlarged nodes, exhaustion, headaches, etc. It is very clear to me that that was when I seroconverted. I tested in 1986. So I've been H.I.V.-positive for thirty years now. Have AIDS since 1993. But I'm alive!! (And I'm 54-years-old now.)

--- End quote ---
Wow.
Thank you for joining us!
Curious how long ago you figured this out.
(I am nosey so please forgive my question.)
How are you doing now?
(again... nosey. ::).)
And welcome. :)
m.

castar:
31 years for me.
Born 1981-Blood transfusion
Found out 1995-14 years old. T cells <100
Don't wish it on anyone 😞

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page