Main Forums > Pre-HAART Long-Term Survivors

hiv+ for 30 years or more?

<< < (9/18) > >>

Fisher:
Likely 28. Very fortunate. I thinks there's more around of us than most may think.

allin:
Hi Mitch777, Mike here. I've been on meds for 25years plus. I was informed by Hospital personnel, of tainted Blood supply donations, way back in 1978, but didn't start treatment 'til 1988, after a surgeon stuck himself during my knee replacement. I waited 10 years to start, but figured the odds were against me that I wasn't Poz, while living those 10 years, as if i was prob. positive. I started 'cuz the drugs got more reliable, less side effects. So now, I'm in my 60's and walking & talking!

mitch777:
hey allin!

wecome to the forums!

i am continually amazed to hear from LTS on this site.

we are ALL a very unique group.
there as so many issues that tie us together..., and also..., be accepting of the different ways we all cope with what matters in our lives.

PS- the number of views of this thread always puts a smile on my face.
i believe that this thread represents hope.
hope for not just the LTS, but also hope and much more for those newly diagnosed.
 :)

Joe K:
I begin my 29th year poz in March.  When I hit 60, it will be 30 years, or half my life neg and half my life poz.  Strangely the poz part has been the best.

Joe

em:
I remember being in the military in 1984
they did a blood test,

I still have the scars
the corman was shaking like leaf on a tree
should have been a tattoo artist
he did quite the number on my arm

I had thought they were just trying to flush out the gays in the military stupid me thought never trust those in charge they never tell the truth

as far as I know that was the first time the test for HIV was used
then 5 years later honerable discharge in hand two complete military physicals
both said I was just fine and have a great life

I gave blood it came back positive for HIV

O ya there were at least a hundred other guys who had packed up there bags and walked to the parking lot to except admin dischages for being gay

I wonder if any of them are still alive

sorry just wanted to ad some experience to the thirty year story

1984 was 29 years ago is close to thirty right

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version